Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i just changed the aircon compressor and it is suggester that i change also the dehydration filter.
There is no gas in the ac system since it has been emptied, the problem is i dont even know where this filter is and cannot find any info on the net on how to change it. I went to a garage to have it changed but the guy is charging me 3 times as much for the part, and as for the labour part of the cost i don't know if he is ripping me off even on that, checked a couple of different garagesmost people don't even know what it is and when they do know thay just shoot a price hoping i accept, should i change it or i just leave it as is? the part costs 20 euros i have been asked from 115 to 280 to change it .

Do you have any links that might be useful? Thanks.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi everyone, i just changed the aircon compressor and it is suggester that i change also the dehydration filter.
There is no gas in the ac system since it has been emptied, the problem is i dont even know where this filter is and cannot find any info on the net on how to change it. I went to a garage to have it changed but the guy is charging me 3 times as much for the part, and as for the labour part of the cost i don't know if he is ripping me off even on that, checked a couple of different garagesmost people don't even know what it is and when they do know thay just shoot a price hoping i accept, should i change it or i just leave it as is? the part costs 20 euros i have been asked from 115 to 280 to change it .

Do you have any links that might be useful? Thanks.
Yeah this seems to be none existent in regards to Corsa's . I personally think if you take it a.place they will charge you for something they won't do. Just checked my Haynes manual and it.mentions nothing about this part. It seems the part (read about.on a fiat forum) is to.filter very minute amounts of moisture. I would personally just have the system evaporated again and then recharged and.leak tested.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what i understood it might be next to the radiator, tried to have a look but cannot make anything out

·
Registered
768 Posts
From what i understood it might be next to the radiator, tried to have a look but cannot make anything out
I was working on two of these car the other day with AC and I could not see anything that looked like a filter, I've got another.one.on the weekend and I'll try have a good look for anything that looks like it but I'm confident there is no filter near AC or condenser

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts