Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When do you need to change gear in 1.3 cdti90ps?
i drove 170 miles over 3 days and used about £21 of diesel which is about half a tank

this is pretty poor
im thinking of taking it to vauxhall and getting them to check it out for me

any ideas cheers

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any way back to topic i usually change gears about 3000 revs to 3500 but then i used to get into 6th gear on motorways etc
then i got told to keep it in 5th gear by gf dad who is a mechanic
but recently being driving up to 2000 revs and then changing before the turbo kicks in!

any ideas

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah that does seem pretty poor fuel consumption. How many miles on the clock overall?

I have the 1.7CTDi with the plus pack so I have the data screen as well. I have done 6000 miles and am averaging 52-53 mpg. I regularly get 500-550 out of a tank. That is with a good mix of driving every day, a wee bit of motorway, stretch of country road and some urban.

Not sure about changing, I am probably in the 2-2500 under normal calm driving conditions, but then there is always the wee bit of me that still loves to burn the saxo and clio boys and girls, something the 1.7 does very easily, in fact sometimes it just isn't sport at all. :lol:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Im getting about 250-270 miles out of a tank in my rental 1.3 usually change around 4k and i have now mastered clutch less changes!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mayb a re-map might imrpove figures ? a few people i spoke to noticed it on there petrol and derv's
When i had my 1.7 i was getting about 280 miles to the tank then when i put the tuning box on i was getting the same just getting everywhere faster.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
well mine getting better i think the more miles you do the better it get i do 240mile a week get to and back from work so that a full tank but when i went to scotland a few week back i got there and back on a full tank about 400 miles. and still hand petrol to get to work the next day.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I get roughly £200 miles per half a tank, and that's all driving from work and back, stopping, and stuff. And to be fair, I do give the car a bit of a thrashing. Usually change gear at about 4-5,000 revs when I'm on an open stretch.

When I'm not, or the missus is in the car, it's usually about 3,000 revs.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Damn right I do. You have to, or else it won't run correctly.

In my C, I ragged it to no end, and it ran fine. Fox drove his like a granny, and he's had nothing but problems with it, for speed, and getting through the gears. It's very, very slow.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Im gonna drive fast and wreckless like fusco because its good for my car:), Also bad news, Whos the unlucky one to book his theory test a day after they introduce new questions and what you have to pass by???

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
nah but as soon as i pass that he says im ready for my proper test, I delayed my theory for weeks now and im gonna pay the price:(

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
nah but as soon as i pass that he says im ready for my proper test, I delayed my theory for weeks now and im gonna pay the price:(

sorry but you have to :lol: i carn't say out thow i faled my the frist time :( and the secound time i came out with a big gren on my face and my mate looked at me a said a bomb go of in london (july the 7th)

my bro have 4 lesson doing his theory on 5th october on his b-day then got his big test a week later

1 - 20 of 44 Posts