Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
08 1.3 CDTI 90hp, Sky Blue
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Writing implement Office supplies Pen Font Liquid
Right guys so basically I’ve got a 1.3cdti 90hp with the 6 speed shifter. It’s got the trigger on the back for reverse up and to the left, I want to put a shifter knob on like the picture above but I’m wondering if it’s even possible? If I took the trigger off would I just be able to put it into reverse like a normal gear or could I maybe get handy with an angle grinder and and cut a slot into the shifter knob to accommodate it? I’m not an idiot but tbh having it next to first probably isn’t the brightest idea?

·
Registered
103 Posts
View attachment 20773 Right guys so basically I’ve got a 1.3cdti 90hp with the 6 speed shifter. It’s got the trigger on the back for reverse up and to the left, I want to put a shifter knob on like the picture above but I’m wondering if it’s even possible? If I took the trigger off would I just be able to put it into reverse like a normal gear or could I maybe get handy with an angle grinder and and cut a slot into the shifter knob to accommodate it? I’m not an idiot but tbh having it next to first probably isn’t the brightest idea?
Probably not gonna be possible pal , if you strip down the gear knob youll see why

You really need that shift lock in place otherwise youll be able to slam it in reverse by accident which will be bad news for your gear box

Modify the gear knob you have , get it painted or flocked if its the plastic type or take it to a place that does interior trimming ?

·
Registered
08 1.3 CDTI 90hp, Sky Blue
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What style gear knob do you have now ?
Mines an up spec interior so I’ve got the leather wrapped one but I just like the jdm look of the plain cylinder shifter, I did think what you said would
Be the case but having never stripped one down I wasn’t sure. Might just get it wrapped in alcantara at same time as I get the gator made, know if I can get a nice shiny cap for it anywhere so atleast it looks the part aswel when it’s flocked or would I have to get one custom cnc’d? Cheers mate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts