Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, do forgive me if this is a simple job but I've spent about an hour and a half try to change my bulb and even been to a car garage to see how it's done and it seems like it's an hourly job?!

I've taken out the black protector thing to access the headlight bulb but I can't get it out.

I'd like to do this myself so I don't have pay the garage for something so simple so help me out?

(Passenger)
The garage have told me to do this, take out the battery and this to access the bulb. Surely there an easier way?

(Driver Side)
To take out the air filter and then I have access to the bulb.

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts
It is abit fiddly, but it doesn't take an hour. I have done mine in about 45 seconds before, you dont need to remove the battery because that won't help at all! :lol:

Best way is to pull the filler neck out, remove the fuse box cover, undo the latch on the headlight cover (taking note of which angle the cover slides in), Pull the cover out of the way, and grab hold of the connector on the back of the bulb and pull it all out togther. Installation is the oposite, I find it easier to install the bulb with the connector attached, this makes its easier to manipulate.

·
Registered
300 Posts
5 minute job on each side - once you have the hang of it...........hardest part is getting the cover sitting flush/correct!

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
5 minute job on each side - once you have the hang of it...........hardest part is getting the cover sitting flush/correct!
This, thats why I drop the bumper so its easier

·
Registered
300 Posts
My Punto used to be a nightmare - so fiddly - and I don't have hands like shovels......so after reading all the problems people were having with their D's I thought 'oh I'll just drop the bumper on my D when the time comes'.......... couldn't even get that off :banghead: - can't remember what the issue was that was stopping me getting it off, so I persevered with just the 'bulb out - bulb in' method lol

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To be honest, this is pretty pathetic how I have to go as far as taking the bumper off for changing a bulb D: hahaha, oh dear

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've stuck HIDs in mine now so hopefully I won't be changing them much. But yeah I do just drop the bumper. It's only a 5 min job to do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did my passenger side dip beam bulb (h7) in 5min, (i was shocked after all the talk it was so hard)
cover off wiggle bulb holder with two fingers(use mirror to make sure you dont wiggle the headlight motor) out it comes, (no clip or latch to release)
insert new bulb in holder and slip it in,
look through headlight make sure its central and push it in,
replace cap,
done.
here is a photo guide to doing it................
http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?218476-How-To-Change-Dipped-Beam-Bulbs-Without-Dropping-Bumper

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's fairly simple if you have small, skinny hands.

If however like me you have large hands it's going to cost you a lot of scrapes and agro. Dropping the bumper or removing some stuff under the hood is the easiest way to take them out.

I've still to change my sidelights though, I really hope that's not as bad as the dipped ones.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They are a pig to get at but the nearside one took me 5 mins. Take the box head off and use a bit of rubber garden hose to wiggle out the old bulb and slide in a new one

1 - 20 of 20 Posts