Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was just thinking how expensive cars are in general and what the cheapest way to be a car owner/user is.

I know a lot of people pay lots of money each month to lease a new car, this just seems like madness to me.

All Ive ever done is own cars that are like 10 years old, still cost around 230 a year for insurance (this is after 9 years no claims too! Can't remember what it was when I was 19 but it must have been a lot), yearly tax is like 150! That might not be a lot to some people but it is to me, and I have only ever had small, not new hatchbacks.

Not to mention the fuel now, its more expensive and it seems to get burnt up a lot quicker.

Ive heard that mass car sharing might be the future, because although I use my car pretty much every day, its only for an average of 1 hour a day that I do use it. If everyone just shared cars and it was a lot cheaper to do that, then I honestly don't think I would mind that too much

·
Super Moderator
1,356 Posts
Ive heard that mass car sharing might be the future, because although I use my car pretty much every day, its only for an average of 1 hour a day that I do use it. If everyone just shared cars and it was a lot cheaper to do that, then I honestly don't think I would mind that too much
It sounds like a good idea but there are so may pitfalls it probably wouldn't here are just two.

How does the second person pick the car up when the first person hs finished with it and parks it?

What happens if the person using it gets stuck in traffic the next person has no car and may be going to an appointment etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like a good idea but there are so may pitfalls it probably wouldn't here are just two.

How does the second person pick the car up when the first person hs finished with it and parks it?

What happens if the person using it gets stuck in traffic the next person has no car and may be going to an appointment etc.
Yeah, i dont know, i think ive heard its meant to be like, theres cars all over the place and you can see the nearest ones to you on an app and reserve them 🤷‍♂️ not sure exactly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts