Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chris's Arctic SRi Turbo Progress

Well i bought my car last year in November and since i bought her she's undergone a big change in my opinion to where she stands now, and i'm not even close to finished yet.

Since i've started this thread late i'll post a list of modifications i've done but post them in seperate posts so you can see how she's changed. I'm not a great photographer so my photos might not be as amazing as some peoples' but you'll get an idea of what i've done.

So my car is an arctic white corsa d sri 1.6T and i bought her with 31k on the clock for about £8000 but got £1000 back from my previous trade in car. I had to drive 2 and a half hours from Gateshead to get this as they're so rare it white, when i got to the garage i had to have it i loved the look so much.

That's the only picture i can find of the car before my modification pictures start, this was just a picture from the autotrader advert. :lol:

My current modifications;

-Cree sidelights
-H7 HID look superwhite bulbs (cheap version of HIDs :lol:)
-Cupra front splitter in gloss black
-Fully de-badged boot
-Numberplate LEDs
-Team Heko wind deflectors
-Insignia washer jets
-VXR indicator surrounds
-Silvertech indicator bulbs
-Tinted windows
-Pipercross cone filter
-Full piper 3" turbo back system with sports cat
-Team dynamic pro race 3s 17" in gloss black

I'm sure there's a few mods i've forgot so if i remember i'll update.

Future modifications;

-Stage 2 remap
-Lowered on coil overs depending on budget, if not it'll be 30/30 springs maybe slightly lower
-CC grill possibly going opel!
-Centre console etc piano black or wrapped red/or white with red heater rings
-Full set of gauges in either pillar pod or vents/ mixture of the two
-Rear diffuser, wing mirrors and some other bits wrapped gloss black
-Door guard bump strips in gloss black
-VXR rocket cover
-Possibly HIDs
-Tint front lights
-Pressed number plates
-De-wiper

I'm sure there's a lot more just finding it hard to think of them at the moment.

I'll keep this updated as i go along and also put up pictures of my modifications already.

Cheers for looking, Chris. :thumbs:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After i bought the car i started modding it straight away with small cosmetic modifications to liven it up until i started coming into money for the bigger, more drastic things like exhaust and wheel etc.

The first things i started with were simple, LED numberplate lights and cree side lights which i can't recommend enough to anyone as starting mods.

That shows the difference between the cree sidelight and the normal one, which is a huge improvement!

Then both in together, picture on these didn't turn out so well! :(

The next thing i decided to do was de-badge but i wanted to leave the griffin to see whether or not i liked it as it's easier to de-badge again rather than fully de-badge and realise you want the griffin back.

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After a week or so from doing my first small mods i was looking into a performance filter as my long term plans were to stage 2 or even stage 3 it. The filter was one of the cheapest and easier mods to do for performance and spent a little time researching into what to get.

I decided i wanted a cone for the known 'dump' sound that comes from it, as they are directly linked to turbo, and to also save on a dump valve as they essentially sound the same.

The cone i decided to get was a pipercross performance cone - these are used a lot by forge as part of their induction kits, i'm sure a lot of people have heard of them.

In my opinion it sounds amazing and for only £43.99 you can't go wrong! :thumbs:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a vid ?
Not of only the filter i don't think, i'll search through my phone and see if i can find one and upload to photobucket.

I've got a video with exhaust and filter which i will be posting once i add the rest of pictures of my mods just working through the photos and adding them in i'll try and get that video up soon though. There's a nice double pop followed by a flame but hard to make out with my friends abysmal camera holding! :lol:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man. Keep an eye out as they were just subtle mods from last year i've done a bit more now just working through the photos and doing the thread bit by bit to see it from new to now/current. :)!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Not of only the filter i don't think, i'll search through my phone and see if i can find one and upload to photobucket.

I've got a video with exhaust and filter which i will be posting once i add the rest of pictures of my mods just working through the photos and adding them in i'll try and get that video up soon though. There's a nice double pop followed by a flame but hard to make out with my friends abysmal camera holding! :lol:
I blame the driver haha ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found a video of me revving the car with only the filter on, i don't rev it too much only give it a little woosh to get the sound of it 'sucking' then giving a little whistle/dump. When you're driving it dumps properly as if it was an actual dump valve but you don't quite get the same effect when idle but you get a basic idea of the sound.

http://s672.photobucket.com/user/chrissy93_2009/media/IMG_3111_zps560dd501.mp4.html

Not sure if you can link videos to play directly in the thread (someone tell me if you can other than youtube) so there's a link above with the video. Got more videos to come.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts