Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically im going to Halfords tonight to pick up some cleaning bits that are quick and easy to use on the day, will be giving the car a proper clean tomorrow but i have a 3 hour drive up and just wondering whats the best bit of gear i could get to use on the day to clear off from the drive/ give it a nice shine :thumbs: thanks guys

·
2014 Feature Car
2,071 Posts
I've always wondered this! How do peoplr get they're cars looking awesome after a long drive to get there? :S

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
This is what I'm doing...

Snow foam
Give it a full wash using the 2BM
Polish
Wax

Drive down...

Quick wash to get any light muck off
Then go crazy with quick detailer to bring the shine back from the wax :thumbs:

You can add more layers of wax or sealant when you get there but my car is waxed and polished regularly anyway so quick detailer will be enough. I'm gonna ask the hotel if they'll fill my bucket for me :lol:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what quick detailer do you find best? ive got around £20 to spend, wanna get some alloy cleaner and then as you said quick detailing stuff :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
megs wash and wax anywhere is great stuff £15, my car was looking very dusty and crappy spent 15 mins on with this stuff and here is how it turned out

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
This is what I'm doing...

Snow foam
Give it a full wash using the 2BM
Polish
Wax

Drive down...

Quick wash to get any light muck off
Then go crazy with quick detailer to bring the shine back from the wax :thumbs:

You can add more layers of wax or sealant when you get there but my car is waxed and polished regularly anyway so quick detailer will be enough. I'm gonna ask the hotel if they'll fill my bucket for me :lol:
You can wash the car when you get on the stand pal, no need ask hotel

·
April 2009 Feature Car
4,623 Posts
not going to clean mine, it will be time i will never get back and life is short.:lol:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got this :D been called into wor early today so won't get home till about 7 so my dad's gonna give it a proper clean today so hopefully tomorrow shes looking lovely :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Probably paid a fortune for the Megs stuff at Halfords, depends what you want to achieve, i would have

Snowed
De Contaminated with de tar
Cleaned Wheels with Billberry Wheel Cleaner (or what ever preference)
2BM - (with grit guards)
Clayed
Snowed Again
Polish (or deduce if you have any swirls and take appropriate action)
Seal
Wax
Plastics and Tires

IMO

1 - 20 of 26 Posts