Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i am new to the forum (First post).

I have just picked up my first car today which is a 57 plate 5 door Corsa club 1.2 5 door and i am noticing that the knob for controlling the direction of air will get to the second to last option (screen and floor) and it won’t go any further to the last option (just screen) and feels very stiff to turn. Does anyone know what the problem could be and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Apologies if this is in the wrong section

·
Registered
209 Posts
The control know pulls cables behind it to change direction of the air direction flaps, sounds to me as if it’s been disconnected at some point and not aligned back in the correct place

·
Registered
360 Posts
When i got my latest Corsa i had a similar problem the knob was very stiff (no jokes please) i don't think the previous owner used it much, whatever you do don't force it if it breaks its a very expensive fix, try moving it from end to end many times with the fan off and see if you can work it loose.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd try taking out the climate controls and seeing if the cable is getting tugged or if anything is broken locally. Could also be one of the vent hatches are broken in such a position as to block the cable and subsequently the rotation of the knob. Three out of four front-facing vents in mine have lost left-to-right movement because the car's just old, and truth be told the plastics just weren't made well from the get go.
This will require taking out the head unit though, and you might not even find anything unless you're willing to take apart the climate control unit if it turns out the cable is fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts