Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

Clocked car? Help

5K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Dannymoto 
#1 ·
Anyone had any experiences with being sold a clocked car?

Bought my Audi from Evans Halshaw in August and recently found out that it's been clocked by over 110,000 miles!

Will be contacting trading standards on Tuesday, the dealership are willing to pay for a full refund but that doesn't help me out at all as I need a car to get work etc. I need compensation?

Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Did Evans do any background checks on the car etc? I Know VX as part of the Network Q thing say they check them for clocking etc, And if they don't catch it then you have a good claims case.

Not so sure on Evans, Have they offered to source another car?

#3 ·
That's ridiculous!! You need to take this to trading standards asap.. See where you stand. As being a main dealer, they need to perform checks on the vehicles that they're selling.

How did you find out that the car had been clocked?

Also, I guess you could get the refund and then buy a car off me? :shrug:

#4 ·
I will be don't worry!

I paid the £99 admin fee with the car that checked HPi and guarantees the mileage. They use Experian.

I looked on the MOT history checker and it went from 184,000 down to 73,000 in a year!
Rang up Audi where it's been serviced& MOTd for years and they confirmed it.

What cars you got in? [emoji30]

#9 ·
I would ask the servicing dealer to see if the clocks were changed & see if they issued a certificate for the mileage change.

Otherwise you have the dealer & car history check company by the wedding tackle. I would tell them they need to find me a car the same spec or higher for the same price with similar miles. If not a full refund & any travel expenses. I would make it hard for the dealer

#10 ·
Well I'm unsure about that, either way I'm not too fussed as I'm not keeping the car!

I've asked them to find me a car with the same spec and mileage, it will be bloody had for them I tell you! I've sent them an email and a link to another car similar spec to mine but 3 years newer:/ should get a phone call back today but can guarantee I won't!

#15 ·
Gutted for you mate, I thought the days of clocking cars was over. Just goes to show that you can't take anything on face value. Hope it gets sorted out for you.
Trading Standards deal with such offences now... to be honest sounds like EH have admitted a cock up, it may have had replacement instruments, i think them offering a full refund is about as much as they need to do... anything above this will be good will gesture!
Tell them you are going to go to the local newspaper as well as Trading Standards - you will soon get your new car
Yeah it had full service history, well been serviced with Audi 10 times...

All they're giving me is a full refund and that still hasn't happened... the accountant isn't in till Tuesday. Still on the look out for another Audi :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.