Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch is about to go, I've found a clutch kit in ecp for £55 but don't know if it comes with a bearing or not, and can't find the bearing on the ecp site, but would prefer to change it while its out, but do you think it's all part of the 'kit'

Also wont be able to get it done during work but could Prob do it when the back shifts on on a weekend but does anyone know rough garage prices to do the job if I supply the kit

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Na haha it's a nightmare mate its only at 65000 miles !! We've got 61 plate skoda octavia in work at 300000miles and there clutches haven't even went yet ! But it's just one of they things I guess mate
Your not having much luck mate are you

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not sure how to do my own post so I'll have to gegg in on this one. My car has a high clutch bite and it over revs a 20k rpm in each gear. My brother seems to think clutch is going but havent a clue. Has anyone else had this problem before.

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
Get the car into a quiet car park or road set off in first but only to get the car rolling stick it into second and floor it if thexrevs build nut the speed doesn't it needs replacing.

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
At 130k thre is a good chance it's on its way out depending on if it's done a lot of town driving or motorway driving.
If the leak turns out to be head gasket try this as doing the head gasket on a car with that many miles probably doesn't make financial sense.

Badgertronix
I've used something similar on a Suzuki Swift that was mixing oil and water and constantly overheating. Worked a treat and was still working great 2 years and 20,000kms later in our hot climate. Saved it from the scrapyard

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I agree with sxi to a degree tin regards to the financial cost side of things, but since the car was free it may allow you more wiggle room to try get the car fixed right and have it bullet proof. I would personally get a value of the car by comparing on motor trader a make and model of the same and see its value, weigh the repairs costs against this and then also consider the cost and time it would take in finding a new vehicle. If you are hoping this car is going to be your car for the next 5- 10 years whilst putting on average 10k miles a year, cz your not in a postion to buy say a newer car with less miles, it maybe worth considering getting things done right. But if its just a junker for a couple years, then the steele seal maybe the way to go (but confirm it is the headgasket first) repair wise, i would look the disappearing coolant issue first as no point worrying about a clutch if your car is overheating. you can either get it pressure tested which will show if it is leaking internally or externally easier, or fill up the coolant reservoir and run the vehicle and get comfortable, watch for the level to drop and look around for leaks on the floor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
current situation 😂 pressure tested again and heard slight hissing noise from the radiator. So that's out got another ordered as well as clutch. Gonna fit today or tomorrow and fingers crossed I'll have it up and running 🤞. I'll let you know how I get on .Thanks all for replying.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
View attachment 21387 current situation pressure tested again and heard slight hissing noise from the radiator. So that's out got another ordered as well as clutch. Gonna fit today or tomorrow and fingers crossed I'll have it up and running . I'll let you know how I get on .Thanks all for replying.
Lol looks like you also had some fun pulling things out lol. That would be a great win if simply the radiator, not a hard job to do, way easier with bumper removed. Then replace the clutch and also slave cylinder (might aswel since it's inside - also remember to check the rubber O ring is still on the clutch feed pipe, see the video attached to better explain) you have a tidy motor .

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes got all my parts this afternoon. later than I expected so will have to fit tomorrow. Got my clutch with slave cylinder. I'll be checking o ring to make sure thanks. Was scratching my head for the 3rd bolt on starter motor but found out it was behind a rubber grommet inside the gearbox bit mad but got there in the end 🤣.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yes got all my parts this afternoon. later than I expected so will have to fit tomorrow. Got my clutch with slave cylinder. I'll be checking o ring to make sure thanks. Was scratching my head for the 3rd bolt on starter motor but found out it was behind a rubber grommet inside the gearbox bit mad but got there in the end .
Keep us posted on process of things, probably upload some pics of your process may help someone in the future as u needed

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yes got all my parts this afternoon. later than I expected so will have to fit tomorrow. Got my clutch with slave cylinder. I'll be checking o ring to make sure thanks. Was scratching my head for the 3rd bolt on starter motor but found out it was behind a rubber grommet inside the gearbox bit mad but got there in the end .
Also pal, sorry forgot to mention but due to age and mileage you may want to consider replacing the crank rear main seal. It will be staring u in the face once you take of clutch and flywheel, a top preventative measure

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've put it all back together. Changed the crankshaft seal.put a new clutch on .put a new radiator on and my new coolant in and it's stopped the leak. Only problem now is my coolant turned brown but still no leak 🤷🏻‍♂️ .

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I've put it all back together. Changed the crankshaft seal.put a new clutch on .put a new radiator on and my new coolant in and it's stopped the leak. Only problem now is my coolant turned brown but still no leak .
Was the coolant running brown previously or wasn't you getting long enough to check it as it was disappearing.

With the new rad in I would pressure test the system and see if it holds pressure, because.you say brown you intially think oil, which would be a head gasket. But pressure test it first, then what I would if it hold pressure (for a decent amount of time) , if it holds just do a few coolant flushes and see how you get on.

Also what size engine / model is it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts