Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Had a problem with my 2013 1.2 Corsa d. When driving around and pressing and releasing the clutch pedal when changing gear, after a while the clutch pedal will not return fully and if put back in first, will completely change the bite point to being very low. I have bled the clutch a couple times but is still doing the same. To make the pedal return fully i have to put my foot under the pedal and bring it back up. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows a fix to it. The car has done 54,000 miles and is still in great working order, so i dont feel like it is anything major. Help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have the same problem, the car has a new clutch, a new master, a new slave and now a new connecting pipe, it's been bled... still not working correctly. The pedal intermittently drops and has to be pulled back into place with your foot underneath it. My daughter is too scared to drive it now.

·
Super Moderator
1,356 Posts
We have the same problem, the car has a new clutch, a new master, a new slave and now a new connecting pipe, it's been bled... still not working correctly. The pedal intermittently drops and has to be pulled back into place with your foot underneath it. My daughter is too scared to drive it now.

I would take it back after spending £800 i would not be happy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can guarantee that the small retaining clip on the end of the clutch pedal has snapped. The return spring on the clutch will just be dangling and not returning the pedal to its normal position. (The clip keeps the spring onto the pedal) Unfortunately it is pedal box out and replace the full lot. 6hrs labour in a garage and youl pick a second hand pedal box up for around £100.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Trouble is sometimes it works ok, I've driven it for 45 mins without issue, then randomly it just drops, the biting point is hardly existent, you pull the pull up with your foot and it seems ok for a while again. Don't think I'll be spending anymore money on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The master cylinder and slave cylinder build up pressure to the point they work fine. When fluid becomes hot (shared fluid reservoir with brake system) then thats when the pressure drops. If you look right under the driver footwell with a torch (may have to turn on your back or side to look up). You should see the spring dangling, you may have to press the clutch up and down but it should be visible. Vauxhall charge £550 for just the pedal box. Had the same problem on my sons, luckily I’m a time served mechanic so I changed the master cylinder, slave cylinder and clutch while I had box out, new fluid the lot. In the end I diagnosed it ad the clip on the end of the clutch pedal, wasn’t connecting the return spring. Spoke to my ex service manager and he said it’s a fault on them. So in your case if it’s in warranty take it back, if not then it will be probably another £300 to £400 to have a second hand pedal box fitted from a garage (cost including second hand part)

The only thing to check is air in the system which I normally reverse bleed but cannot see it being that! but it’s worth a try, if work has been done at a garage I’d imagine they will have already done that. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
1,356 Posts
This thread includes a cheap fix the cost of fixing it using VX parts is ridiculous.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts