Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am getting a new clutch for my D 1.4 `08, I cant stand the judder anymore. When buying a new clutch ,what exactly should I
be looking for , a clutch for a corsa 2008 or should I look for the facelift 2011 model, if its the same size but improved clutch? if I buy a clutch for
my 2008 corsa , will i get the same faulty crap I allready have now? Its expensive and I dont want to make a mistake,I hope you understand me.
I could ask my dealer but it wouldnt surprise me if they lie. I live on the Balkans, you can easily get screwed or make a mistake here, so I need
advice about this . thanks

J

·
0 Posts
If i was you i wouldddd just get one put on specific to your edition. I dont really know much about clutches so i cant really help

·
Premium Member
6,300 Posts
Clutch Judder can happen for a multitude of reasons, usually contamination between the mating surfaces of the clutch and flywheel. Can also be caused by a weak pressure plate, out of shape or worn Flywheel/Clutch. Changing the clutch should fix it, but the problem could lie with the flywheel. To which replacing the clutch would be useless. Have you tried being a bit brutal with it, somtimes you can slip the clutch enough to get it to stop juddering.

Its a common problem with Corsa's but most people learn to deal with it :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes , a little bit brutality ussualy fixes the problem but I cant do that every morning, I will do more damage ...I am really dissapointed that Opel ,or Vauxhall ,whatever, made a car with bad brakes and clutch. this is our fifth opel in our family,my dad had two ascona and a kadett, I had an astra and now corsa,he was very happy with them ,I am not.
Clutch Judder can happen for a multitude of reasons, usually contamination between the mating surfaces of the clutch and flywheel. Can also be caused by a weak pressure plate, out of shape or worn Flywheel/Clutch. Changing the clutch should fix it, but the problem could lie with the flywheel. To which replacing the clutch would be useless. Have you tried being a bit brutal with it, somtimes you can slip the clutch enough to get it to stop juddering.

Its a common problem with Corsa's but most people learn to deal with it :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got the brake pads and clutch replaced. Bought a Valeo clutch without a new bearing cause I only have 42000 km, and Remsa brake pads. Now it feels like a new car,no more judder,grinding and squeaking. Cant believe how bad those original parts were. Should have replaced them a long time ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts