Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was there any solution ever found to fix the 2-3 second chain grinding type sound when cold starting from overnight? Like different oil or something?

Recently just took my cone filter off and weirdly it stopped my chain wobble sound I used to get at low revs full throttle.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I am no mechanic but i cannot see how an air filter would change how the cam chain is tensioned, its either at its correct tension or isn't there is no in-between.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am no mechanic but i cannot see how an air filter would change how the cam chain is tensioned, its either at its correct tension or isn't there is no in-between.
I think I must've been assuming it was the timing chain wobble for all those months of having it on. It felt related to the chain as it was only on the certain low revs but harsh on pedal, but I guess it was just the intake mounting loose somewhere which is a relief.

The only issue now related to the chain (which actually is the engine related this time) is the 2-3 second grind of no oil around the engine.

·
Registered
525 Posts
This is confusing is the noise you describe in the first post the same as in the second, if it is it looks like the tensioner may not be working properly at low revs but I am only guessing if you cannot investigate further I would get someone to look at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts