Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all this is my first post un the forum.
I am an EU Opel corsa D owner. I foud this forum, and saw great pics of users' corsas, and read some nice threads.

I would like to paint out the plastic surrounding the foglamps like on some audi and other sports cars. I think the result would be great but I don't know which technique to use. It's my first car. Should I use some kid of stock to smoothen the plastic and to make the spray bod better? I hope someone can tell me something useful. As soon as I do them I will post pics so that if someone is interested in doing them they can see the final result.

This is an ABT TT roadster having something similar to what I want to do on my corsa.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey that was quick :)

I think the procedure goes like this:

Sand the plastic to get it smooth.
Pass it with a wire sponge to get i porus.
Spray 1 or 2 layers of primer.
1 or 2 layers of spray.
+1 or 2 layers transparent spray to get it shiny (mine is metallic grey)

I don't know if I will just mask on the spot. i'd like to remove them for spraying to get in nice and even around the lodging of the foglamps. I have to figure out how to remove them it shouldn't be too complicated.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I dont like it:(, Looks messy unlike that audi's because that had the single bar with the lamp surround in middle, This is just a big patch of silver:no:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts