Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. I recently purchased a 2008 Corsa D 1.2 petrol for my son. It’s had a few issues which we have resolved but we now have the Control indicator for exhaust illuminated on dash. We did have a split coolant pipe which has been replaced but engine still smells hot and noticed the engine light today. I’m not convinced the radiator fan is working either.

can anyone advise how I can test the fan and any advice on a ODB2 fault reader. I have never used one before. Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi Guys. I recently purchased a 2008 Corsa D 1.2 petrol for my son. It’s had a few issues which we have resolved but we now have the Control indicator for exhaust illuminated on dash. We did have a split coolant pipe which has been replaced but engine still smells hot and noticed the engine light today. I’m not convinced the radiator fan is working either.

can anyone advise how I can test the fan and any advice on a ODB2 fault reader. I have never used one before. Any help would be much appreciated
If yoy want to test it with an obd reader, it will be ti be a certain level one or using opcom i believe is the vauxhall official software. Regards to the fan, the fan should kick in at about 109c. You can see the engine temp by using the hidden menus on the dash (press and hold the indicator stalk button 4 times / wait for the dash to change and then press the stalk button 5 times ti put on on the engine temp (you can find this on youtube).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
576 Posts

Hey Phil,

Just seeing how you got on with things?

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts