Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Corsa d 1.6t -remapped & forged....
I am having an issue at the moment I had a leak in the radiator / connecting pipe, used sealant for it still draining and engine was starting to overheat this is before I realised the coolant was getting guzzled, changed thermostat and water pump and still doing it fan didn’t seem to be coming on but had it scanned with code reader and was manually put on so deffo does work, next going to have to take apart bloody radiator and pipes and check the thermostat sensor by looks of it. Had a pressure test which is fine gasket is fine too but these cars along with vxr are also known for piston 4 either cracking or melting could this be causing it at all? Also the heat which the car is pumping out is unreal but is coming from the outlet manifold which I don’t know if by my fan not coming on when it should is making it hotter then it should be I am really at my wits end with trying to find this fix for this car can anyone give any advice there is only so much I can do and so many times I can take it to a garage without having onto replace every part that could need replacing to fix the issue

·
Registered
768 Posts
2009 Corsa d 1.6t -remapped & forged....
I am having an issue at the moment I had a leak in the radiator / connecting pipe, used sealant for it still draining and engine was starting to overheat this is before I realised the coolant was getting guzzled, changed thermostat and water pump and still doing it fan didn’t seem to be coming on but had it scanned with code reader and was manually put on so deffo does work, next going to have to take apart bloody radiator and pipes and check the thermostat sensor by looks of it. Had a pressure test which is fine gasket is fine too but these cars along with vxr are also known for piston 4 either cracking or melting could this be causing it at all? Also the heat which the car is pumping out is unreal but is coming from the outlet manifold which I don’t know if by my fan not coming on when it should is making it hotter then it should be I am really at my wits end with trying to find this fix for this car can anyone give any advice there is only so much I can do and so many times I can take it to a garage without having onto replace every part that could need replacing to fix the issue
Hey pal, apologies your having issues. What is making you thinking its.over heat? What temperature is your car getting too? One thing tou kay want tondo as it is a cheap and a 2 second job is get the new coolant reservoir cap.from vauxhall. It is about £10 and theu have been upgraded to a black on with a spring inside, your cap could not be sealing if its the lid yellow one + they changed and upgraded them for a reason

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dash don’t even show it not even in the hidden settings can’t get them up at all garage tested it and told me it was fine but they only had engine ticking over and did not run it and yeah I think I might have to even though the cap feels fine to me

·
Registered
768 Posts
The dash don’t even show it not even in the hidden settings can’t get them up at all garage tested it and told me it was fine but they only had engine ticking over and did not run it and yeah I think I might have to even though the cap feels fine to me
??? Are you sure with the hidden menu, all corsa Ds can do this. To ensure you are doing it right it is four presses and hold of the button on the side of the stalk until the menu changes and then press it another further 5 times. Ideally you need to know what temp it is getting upto, so if you cant do it on the dash, then you would need a scanner to read the temp, but these cars get really hot between 108c - 110c degress. I was worrying about my car (i did a thread on it - search ' what is our operating temperature'' ). But i would sort out that leak that younsued sealant in, as it may not be 100% and the system needs tp be properly closed. My radiator bleed valve was leaking abit and causing high temps .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts