Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem. My mum has a 2008 corsa D 1.6 SRi turbo and the coolant is being topped up and then is close to empty and needs topped up within 2 weeks.

I have a mate at work who had one the exact same age and said this SRi model is common for drinking its coolant, but then there is no evidence of this being true if i google it, so i dont know.

Is it a common fault?

Its not leaking it on the road, it is not going into the oil (no gunk), it feels pressurised when you go to take the lid off (when hot, i assume this part is normal though).

Anyone know what this could be? Car does not seem to be running badly, is running just as normal, but is an annoyance. Is that all it is though an annoyance or could it be more?

Any help appreciated as always, Kev.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh this is what i was thinking but its just strange as there is no sign of it on the road whatsoever.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds logical. Cheers, cturbo. How can we tell if its a leaky rad or leaky pipe?

Any other comments and thoughts are much appreciated too.

·
Premier Member
524 Posts
The Golf i owned before my Corsa D and it had coolant pipes radiator etc replaced and it was actually the head gasket starting to go hence why i swiftly gave it to peter vardy and got the LE.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Don't get him excited thinking it's a gasket. I had the same problem a year ago and everyone said that. Turned out to be a plastic screw nut that had snapped and the coolant was leaking out. When I went the dealership to get the replacement, turns out the plastic nut they used to use had been replaced by a brass one. Go figure. Shoddy parts as always.

But could be one of a few things. If its slowly leaking more likely be a rad leak.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Don't get him excited thinking it's a gasket. I had the same problem a year ago and everyone said that. Turned out to be a plastic screw nut that had snapped and the coolant was leaking out. When I went the dealership to get the replacement, turns out the plastic nut they used to use had been replaced by a brass one. Go figure. Shoddy parts as always.

But could be one of a few things. If its slowly leaking more likely be a rad leak.
Hey mate jumping on a late on here. When you say the screw new nut, which oart are you referring to, is it on the rad?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same issue at the moment I had a leak in the radiator / connecting pipe, used sealant for it still draining and engine was starting to overheat this is before I realised the coolant was getting guzzled, changed thermostat and water pump and still doing it fan didn’t seem to be coming on but had it scanned with code reader and was manually put on so deffo does work, next going to have to take apart bloody radiator and pipes and check the thermostat sensor by looks of it. Had a pressure test which is fine gasket is fine too but these cars along with vxr are also known for piston 4 either cracking or melting could this be causing it at all? Also the heat which the car is pumping out is unreal but is coming from the outlet manifold which I don’t know if by my fan not coming on when it should is making it hotter then it should be I am really at my wits end with trying to find this fix for this car can anyone give any advice there is only so much I can do and so many times I can take it to a garage without having onto replace every part that could need replacing to fix the issue

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am having the same issue at the moment I had a leak in the radiator / connecting pipe, used sealant for it still draining and engine was starting to overheat this is before I realised the coolant was getting guzzled, changed thermostat and water pump and still doing it fan didn’t seem to be coming on but had it scanned with code reader and was manually put on so deffo does work, next going to have to take apart bloody radiator and pipes and check the thermostat sensor by looks of it. Had a pressure test which is fine gasket is fine too but these cars along with vxr are also known for piston 4 either cracking or melting could this be causing it at all? Also the heat which the car is pumping out is unreal but is coming from the outlet manifold which I don’t know if by my fan not coming on when it should is making it hotter then it should be I am really at my wits end with trying to find this fix for this car can anyone give any advice there is only so much I can do and so many times I can take it to a garage without having onto replace every part that could need replacing to fix the issue
Hey Terry, how did you get on in the end did you get this problem sorted in the end?

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts