Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
does the car have other symptoms like misfiring and erratic idling also ?
It did have an issue not so long ago with it randomly stalling, however that got fixed when i change the glow plugs.... idling seems fine

·
Registered
286 Posts
leaking HG will give misfiring and bad idling.could it be condensation around outside of injectors ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
leaking HG will give misfiring and bad idling.could it be condensation around outside of injectors ?
Yea thats true.....just running the car now, it appears to have evaporated the water away, no signs of water spewing out like i initialy though.... with how cold it is now waiting for the car to warm up......currently at 70 degrees but it next really gets any more than that

·
Registered
286 Posts
i still feel all the symptoms are due to corroded leaking radiator not pressurising the system properly

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Then could it be a blocked heater matrix due to cold weather?can you get a second opinion from a mobile mechanic also?
Yea i think i will do that now as ive exhausted every method i could do. Will report back once its been seen to.

thanks all :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
i still feel all the symptoms are due to corroded leaking radiator not pressurising the system properly
I would try some SEALit (post above) its one inexpensive way of ruling out leaks.

If the system was not pressurised properly surly the car would overheat as its the pressure that lowers the boiling point of the coolant meaning the system can run at higher temperature than what the coolant would normally boil at.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I would try some SEALit (post above) its one inexpensive way of ruling out leaks.

If the system was not pressurised properly surly the car would overheat as its the pressure that lowers the boiling point of the coolant meaning the system can run at higher temperature than what the coolant would normally boil at.
Literally that was the first thing i tried, hasnt changed the symptoms at all? Cant spot any leaks still, bled the system properly today however still same issue...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Literally that was the first thing i tried, hasnt changed the symptoms at all? Cant spot any leaks still, bled the system properly today however still same issue...
If you have used a SEALit and its still leaking i can only suggest you take it to a garage and have a pressure test done everything else is now going to be guess work and it could cost you more money than it needs to fix it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I am not a fan of these seal solutions unless your car has kitt value and it is at the end of list of trying to sort the issue out correct. The issue is your car should be overheating if it was losing coolant as nothing would be cooling it, but yet your over cooling dispite losing coolant. Potentially your coolant temp sensor could be faulty and same with your thermostat being stuck open. I personally again would try one more free job and that is get the bumper off and run the car to see whtlat you see, with that steal seal inside it could be throwing up anomaly information now, do that and watch the rad, and all the common places for leaks, do some videos for us to see to better assist. Once that is done we can access better

Ps can you lay out what you have done in order of steps, as the steal seal step ,. Where and when it happened may help is diagnose better, so don't leave anything out and just list again your steps taken and the issue.

E.g

1) Car heaters had no heat
2) Changed thermostat

Etc etc

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi Ghost_94. please let the forum know how you progressed in the matter with regard to the coolant issue in your car.
that will help others with similar problems.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts