Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Took my car for a service today, and it was found the coolant for the engine was more or less empty - which was odd as I’d had the fluid changed once I got a new thermostat.
But anyhow, I was looking for the source of any leak and I think there may be a crack on the expansion tank where you pour in the cooler fluid? I’ve got a picture and you can see a concentrated red mark (where I assume the fluid is leaking from when under pressure) and there is coolant below the tank. I was wondering if you guys agree with what I think and if I need a new one? Do you think it could also be related to that hose pipe you can see with the red ring on the outside of it? The picture is of everything below the tank, looking from above. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
Ideally to be sure you should refill the system and see where the leak is coming from. From the pictures it does look like it could be the expansion bottle and possibly the hose. So if you want to just guess and see what happens just replace those items, if you want to be sure to diagnose right, refill the tank and watch and look for leak s with a mirror.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys - it was the expansion tank in the end. Had a crack along the bottom, which leaked under pressure and onto the hose. Quick replacement and a new clip for the hose and we're good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts