Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, this is my first discussion/post.

I have an issue where the coolant is draining from the reservoir but there are no obvious signs of leakage in the engine bay or on the floor. The cap is on tight so nothing escaping from there. If turn the engine and rev I can see the coolant lower and disappear. The Corsa is a 63 reg. I recently had the engine management light come on and the garage replaced the lambda sensor. I’ve checked the oil and no sign of ‘Mayo’, no exhaust smoke and car seems ok when driving. Temperature light on dashboard does become on though.

Any thoughts? Water pump? Head Gasket? I am not a car person but have read a few discussions so would be grateful if any one has had any similar issues.

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The coolant going down when you start it is probably the coolant flowing around to wherever there is none.

I’ve had an annoying experience with a coolant leak on mine. No visible signs of a leak but eventually a reputable garage checked it properly and saw a hairline crack on the radiator pipes which let the coolant out when it turned into steam which no one would’ve realised it being a leak unless they saw the moisture.

The story is to get a leak checked properly Even if you can’t see it, not all garages are going to do it properly, one of them wanted me to change a thermo, pump, Etc.

Though while you’re getting it checked, I’d be very careful if it’s over heating because that way you will get the head gasket to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts