Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening,

So I own a 1.4 SRI NA 2014. Every now and again the coolant light comes on.
I sent the car to vauxhall. They replaced the coolant temp sensor on the radiator and on the engine block.

I requested them to have a look at the fan also cause I know it doesn't work. They came back saying the fuse has blown they replaced the fuse. Saying if it goes again a new fan would be needed.

Week later car over heats continuously again. And for the week I had the car I've still never seen or heard the fan running. I sent it back. They looked back over it and changed the water pump.

Anyway back story over. I replaced the fuse again Sunday morning. Come Sunday afternoon for the first time in owning the car the fan comes on. Car was idling in asda car park. And sh*t me not it was the loudest thing I've ever heard and it literally shakes the whole car. It ran for about 10-20 seconds then stopped. Overheating light came on flashing instantly.
I decided to check the fuse again. Blown again.

Do you reckon it would be safe for me to go with my initial thought and replace the fan. Or is there anything else I should look at aswell.

Also if any of you know. What kind of resistance would I expect too see through the fan.

Cheers guys

Charlie

(Attached picture shows my fuse box the 2 30A J type fuses circled blue are engine cooling above fuse blown multiple times)

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,064 Posts
If it’s blowing a 30 amp fuse then it’s a big ole power surge that’s blowing it, what’s gonna be the bigger cost, a new fan or a new engine?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it’s blowing a 30 amp fuse then it’s a big ole power surge that’s blowing it, what’s gonna be the bigger cost, a new fan or a new engine?
I know if there an internal fault with the motor it can cause a high resistance meaning more amps along the line. All in asking is if its best to bite the bullet and change the fan or is there something else.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If it's blowing a 30A fuse I would get it changed, the fan should kick in at 105c so when you put the new one on turn ignition on push the trip reset button 3 times fast and hold it in on the fourth push wait 15 seconds and the display will change let go of button then push it quickly to cycle through the different settings tperature is the one after revs if I remember right.
Just to add my fan is fairly quiet I can only just hear it over the engine noise when parked with the windows up it sounds like yours is fecked.

·
Registered
859 Posts
If it is blowing a fuse surely it's for some reason, a new fanay fix but surely it needs to have wiring checked etc?

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
With his description of the noise its making i assume its a short circuit in the fan motor but i am only guessing.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Can't believe that vauxhall are all over the place when you went to them with this problem. Looks like they have changed just about everything bar the fan. You might as well change it and it is the last component that could possibly be causing your problem. My advise to try to find a good independent garage to do work on your car from now now on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts