Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I’m about to change the oil in a 2014 Corsa 1.0 ecoflex. I’ve read I need the Dexos2 oil but there are 2 oil filters listed for the car (I’ve checked several websites) one is 88mm long and the other is 106mm long. How do I know which one to get other than to remove and measure the one that’s in? Is it ok to remove the oil filter without draining the oil or is that likely to make a mess of my driveway?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Hey bud,

The shorter fatter oil filter is usually for the post facelift aka older Corsa D' and the taller Skinner ones are usually for pre facelift newer Corsas, talking 2009 onwards. BUT I am in team "buy both and compare and return the one you don't need". Trust me less headaches lol

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Even if the car hasn't run for a while you will get oil pouring out of the filter if you don't drain the oil first!
Just buy both, return the unused one and use a white marker on the housing to indicate S (short,) or L (long) so next time you know which one it uses.

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
you will get oil pouring out of the filter if you don't drain the oil first!
The oil filter is quite high up and points upwards why would you get oil "pouring" out if the engine has not been run for a while, i could understand a little coming out hence my get some rags comment but "pouring" out i don't get.

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
Well I've taken one out to check the size without draining the oil and that is what happens.
Go try it yourself and measure the filter at the same time.
I did say there shouldn't be much to come out and i did suggest you put plenty of rags etc on the floor just in case.

If you haven't run the car for a while there shouldn't be much oil to come out put plenty of rags etc on the floor to catch any that does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts