Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

New discs and pads?

• F*** yes.. get those things swapped out now!

• Nah, they will live for another 5-6k until your MOT due in Aug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discs were last done in 2016 (I think), and pads about 18 months ago.

Milage in 2016 was circa 60-70k, now at about 115k.

I think the answer to the question is probably less, but just through I would double check. Don't have a micrometer to check the disc depth vs at new for wear rates.

Thanks for taking a look!

Owain

·
Registered
499 Posts
They look like they have seen better days.

If you notice your steering wheel or brake pedal wobble when you apply the brakes fairly hard chances are your discs are warped due to being too thin if the warp isn't too bad you might not really notice the shaking If the warp is serious you'll definitely feel the vibration.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look like they have seen better days.

If you notice your steering wheel or brake pedal wobble when you apply the brakes fairly hard chances are your discs are warped due to being too thin if the warp isn't too bad you might not really notice the shaking If the warp is serious you'll definitely feel the vibration.
At the moment, no material change in performance. Still do well under hard braking.

Just checked, and my last MOT was at 113.7k miles, and I'm not at 116.4k. At the MOT the garage mentioned there was probably 6 months wear left on the pads (based on a 10k per year usage).. so its probably time to replace.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
965 Posts
For what it’ll cost if you don’t do it vs what it’ll cost if you do, just be liberal with grease on sliders etc!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts