Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyones opinion on the 1.7 CDTI?

I'm looking to buy a new corsa D to replace my current corsa C 1.2, and would like a bit more performance. I'm not really too keen on diesels myself, but after looking at the technical data on the 1.2 and 1.4 petrol versions, the performance figures dont look that different from my corsa c?

lol, basicly, I just want something a bit more punchy as my new corsa d will have to last me 4 years until I can get insurance on something faster.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
drive a 1.3 Diesel

Go and drive the 1.3 Diesel and keep the revs up slightly. This should easily be fast enough and if you read the forum it seems alot of members have concerns with the 1.7.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suppose i'll test drive the 1.4, 1.3 and 1.7 eventually - I have heard about the probs people are referring to regarding the 1.7, however its gonna be a good few months before I order a new corsa, and i'm presuming those problems will be fixed by then lol

Thanks for the recommendation :thumbs:

·
Registered
258 Posts
get the 1.3 90ps and you will be sound. I had a 1.7 but its fooked. Got a 1.3 90ps loan car n its alreet. gona get it chipped n then it should be grand. Or if you in no hurry for a new 1.7 wait until the new software has been released! The 1.7 aint bad at all its just a bit dead off turbo but when i had mine with the box on she absolutely flew!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts