Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
PVS10 Feature Car
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right Guys i want your thoughts now,
what do you all think of the 1.7 corsa? personally i think its really good but this is the guy who has spent the last 5 years in fords (mostly a 1998 mondeo) is the turbo lag as bad as made out, :dontknow:is the 5 door the better looking car:\, does this thing look great in black or should i have gone for the ultra blue?? :banghead:

The floor is yours.:salute:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
turbo lag.. :lol: my 1.7 CDTi corsa C doesnt really suffer from it.. the only time it does is when its below 2k rmp as thats below when the turbo kicks in!
and to stop it from happeneing i sometimes blip the throttle accidently while changing gear, that in turn keeps the turbo going so there is no lag i have found.. :look: but i think that could wear out the clutch though :lol:

·
PVS10 Feature Car
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx mate! glad to hear something good about it and thanx for the advice

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
my experience is coming from a 1.7 CDTi corsa C.. NOT the corsa D engine.. but the engine is basicly the same with some rework to the ECU map and better exhaust system or something!
AND mine runs 130bhp and 220-lbft which is more then the 125bhp and 210lbft the D has and i suffer hardly any lag.. especially in higher rmp! :)

·
PVS10 Feature Car
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm smells fishy!

yea i know i read the same thread just now! lol and went running out side to have a look it made me laugh!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
The turbo lag is terrible unless you get a DTUK tuning box then its just about bareable! My 1.7 SXi is now a pile of scrap metal :) best thing that ever happened to it. 5 door is not as good looking as the 3dr imo. Having driven both for quite some time it also doesnt drive as well. Ultra blue is a great looking colour and i just wish they did the SRi in it.

·
PVS10 Feature Car
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jonny, coming from a petrol car driver im not too sure what turbo lag is! am definately getting the tuning box for the car tho once i gt paid.what happened to your sxi? or dare i ask?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Jonny, coming from a petrol car driver im not too sure what turbo lag is! am definately getting the tuning box for the car tho once i gt paid.what happened to your sxi? or dare i ask?
floor the car when the revs are below 2k and nothing will happen until the car reaches above 2k then it will accelerate faster than below 2k. Thats turbo lag.

My SXi kept cutting out when i was driving and became dangerous to drive. They couldnt fix it so scrapped it. Got an Astra SRi now until my replacement Corsa SRi is ready. But as i hate the corsa so much im just gona get an astra.

·
PVS10 Feature Car
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so its like being in a high gear in a petron then.... im with you now! the astra sri is a stunnin car u gonna get the sport hatch?:dance:

·
PVS10 Feature Car
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
prefer the sport hatch but need the 5 door on any car! i have a disabled parent and toddler so need good access around the car! otherwise i would have gone for the 3 Dr Corsa!

·
PVS10 Feature Car
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL i bought the corsa to save fuel and money! had the ST24 Mondeo before!!

·
PVS10 Feature Car
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that was my first choice but i just don't have the money for it! I'm already stoopidly on debt! was lookin at the sri xp astra! but have had my heart set on the corsa for the last 7 months!

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I also find the three door quite comfortable. Was shocked to read on a site that reviewed the corsa that they thought the roof was not as high and they felt cramped, Must of been like 8 foot or summit these people.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I also find the three door quite comfortable. Was shocked to read on a site that reviewed the corsa that they thought the roof was not as high and they felt cramped, Must of been like 8 foot or summit these people.
When I first sat in the car to see what it was like, I thought the roof was smaller, but it's a hell of a lot bigger, now that I've actually got the car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts