Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, was wondering if anyone could help I've been having issues with my cooling system I've spend a fortune trying to fix this, this list of parts replaced is

Bleed hose from tank
Thermostat
Thermostat housing
Waterpump

The temperature light keeps coming on and the engine management light, the only diagnostic coming up is overheating

Every time the light come on and pop the bonnet there is coolant all over the engine which I've been told is caused by the valve In the tank

I've had the head gasket checked and there isn't a problem with that the only problem is that the 1&2 setting on my radiator fan don't work have no idea what's causing this issue

Also when overheating all the pipes from the expansion tank are boiling hot and the pipe coming from the radiator to thermostat are freezing cold until you stop the engine the slowly start to warm up

Nobody seems to know what's causing any off this so hopefully someone might have had the same issues

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey mate sorry to hear your having problems. The issue here for me is seeing where the coolant is leaking from. You say when you run the car coolant is leaking out everywhere, can you not see where from? Youncluld also take it into a garage and have it pressure tested and that will show the leak wirhout the car being on? Keep me.posted.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had it in the garage a few times and they think it's coming from the small nozzle on the side of the coolant tank

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've had it in the garage a few times and they think it's coming from the small nozzle on the side of the coolant tank
So im alittle confused if they have seejbit come from there why not just replace that part.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've been told it's normal for it to release pressure is this not true?
Hey mate so here is a video of my engine explaining areas that can leak and if u have a leak it will cause it over heat:

Also video on pressure testing a corsa D to find leaks :

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been told it's normal for it to release pressure is this not true?
I think it's something about if there's too much pressure then it'll use the nozzle to release it. Though if it's doing that then there is a problem and it won't be normal.

I had a issue with my coolant disapearing, if you've been to only 1 garage and they've guessed to replace those items without actually checking it then go to a different garage. I thought I could trust a local garage when they wanted to change the same sort of parts on my car, took it somewhere else that actually took a proper look and found it was a leak in the radiator which no one would've noticed unless they specifically checked it. Of course your issue may be somewhere else but if the garage wants to just throw new parts in and can't find the isue then try another place.

the only problem is that the 1&2 setting on my radiator fan don't work have no idea what's causing this issue
Do you mean the inside heater controls? Sounds like a common blower resistor fault

1 - 8 of 8 Posts