Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brother owns Corsa D 1.0 petrol 2010 with a10xep engine. He gave it a long overdue service at the weekend and has been running fine until yesterday. Wanted to head to the local shop and it wouldn't start..
The engine turns over, Op-com reports no faults but did notice that it wasn't reporting engine speed. Replaced the crankshaft centre this morning and that has been sorted BUT... It still doesn't start and op-com still reports no faults.
  • Have a good spark at each of the spark plugs
  • Has good fuel pressure .and each of the plugs when checked are wet so no fuel problems
  • double checked the springs inside the coil pack
EVERYTHING suggests that the car should start, but it refuses
Checked on google and forums and followed up on any suggestions we haven't tried
Tomorrow I'll check the cam position sensor but I've never found this sensor to cause non-starting ( Op-com was reporting a steady 6 degrees of ignition timing during cranking)
On the searches it was suggested that the timing chain may have slipped but I have never known this to cause non starting - running lump yes but . I've been driving fifty years maintaining my own and family's cars and I am stumped. Any sguggestions (apart from firing the car) would be most appreciated. Cheers, Mike

·
Registered
972 Posts
Brother owns Corsa D 1.0 petrol 2010 with a10xep engine. He gave it a long overdue service at the weekend and has been running fine until yesterday. Wanted to head to the local shop and it wouldn't start..
The engine turns over, Op-com reports no faults but did notice that it wasn't reporting engine speed. Replaced the crankshaft centre this morning and that has been sorted BUT... It still doesn't start and op-com still reports no faults.
  • Have a good spark at each of the spark plugs
  • Has good fuel pressure .and each of the plugs when checked are wet so no fuel problems
  • double checked the springs inside the coil pack
EVERYTHING suggests that the car should start, but it refuses
Checked on google and forums and followed up on any suggestions we haven't tried
Tomorrow I'll check the cam position sensor but I've never found this sensor to cause non-starting ( Op-com was reporting a steady 6 degrees of ignition timing during cranking)
On the searches it was suggested that the timing chain may have slipped but I have never known this to cause non starting - running lump yes but . I've been driving fifty years maintaining my own and family's cars and I am stumped. Any sguggestions (apart from firing the car) would be most appreciated. Cheers, Mike
Have you checked the wiring to the coil pack / the coil pack is not dead.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts