Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my corsa broke down a few months back, I finally got time to have a look at it, it turned out that the timing cog to camshaft bolt had loosened so outlet camshaft wasn't moving.
I stripped it all out replaced the bolt and followed online guidance to make sure I put the camshaft back in right.
Hay presto car starts again but runs mega rough, I am getting the fault code 0068 Manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor/mass air flow (MAF) sensor/throttle position correlation,
with misfire on 1 and on 2.
My searching online would suggest I have a vacume problem but I can't seem to find it, has anyone had this or something similar and any pointers or advice would be more than welcome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I suggest cleaning the maf with break clean as it might be clogged and giving false information. Had a problem with my 1.3 diesel and it was better. Im not good with petrol cars as i only have diesels but worth a try.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have cleaned the MAF sensor and cleaned the air intake have also taken off and cleaned the 2 vent/air pipes from the camshaft cover.
I did have the fuel injectors out the other day to ensure they were working before I realised my initial problem was the outlet camshaft.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention 2 bolts in the camshaft cover have snapped, I have removed them and will be replacing tomorrow, with the bolts out air is going out of the bolt holes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are your sure the timing is right at the camshaft. If thats off by one tooth it will run badly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a guide on line and followed that, but didn't check the TDC markings, I will need to check that.
As far as I am aware the timing chain hasn't moved in relation to the inlet camshaft so I would assume that the timing was the same now as it was before the outlet camshaft stopped rotating.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I suggest to follow the markings they are king. If the markings line up i dont have a clue what could be wrong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick update, I checked all the sensors in the engine compartment and found the Air Intake Temp sensor to be faulty, have changed this now and the engine is running loads better but it does sound like the timing is slightly off so hope to get this sorted over the weekend. All looking good :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Quick update, I checked all the sensors in the engine compartment and found the Air Intake Temp sensor to be faulty, have changed this now and the engine is running loads better but it does sound like the timing is slightly off so hope to get this sorted over the weekend. All looking good :D
Thanks for coming back withnsome info. How did you know the sensor was faulty.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for coming back withnsome info. How did you know the sensor was faulty.

First I checked the wiring was giving electric, it should be giving about 5v mine was giving 4.98v, then it was a case of testing the sensor for continuity and holms mine had neither so wasn't reacting at all to temp and not sending signal of any kind back to the ECU, so wrong amount of air going in to the mix.
If I was getting continuity I would have tested for holms resistance then placed the tip if the sensor in warm water or hairdryer warm air and tested again for holms and you should get different resistance readings, if you do the sensor is good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Baffled, still getting the p0068, now getting miss fire on 1+2, timing is good, all sensors are good, if I can't figure this out I will need to get it into a garage, of which is not what I can do at the moment. :oops::oops::oops::LOL::oops:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Totally stumped now have just changed the MAP sensor and still getting the same thing.
If anyone has any ideas let me know please.
Have done the timing, did vacume Leake tests, changed the AIT and MAP sensors, all other sensors check out OK, earth's all seem OK, fuel system is all OK, ignition system is all working good, spark plugs all OK.
Just don't know where to go next!!!! 🤔

·
Registered
436 Posts
Totally stumped now have just changed the MAP sensor and still getting the same thing.
If anyone has any ideas let me know please.
Have done the timing, did vacume Leake tests, changed the AIT and MAP sensors, all other sensors check out OK, earth's all seem OK, fuel system is all OK, ignition system is all working good, spark plugs all OK.
Just don't know where to go next!!!!
So is the issue your still getting the misfire code or the car is running rough?

·
Registered
436 Posts
This one is tricky. Have you tried clearing the codes anyway and see if they come back?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, I clear the codes and very shortly after the same code and fault is back, within a dot 10-15 seconds.
Every bit of research points to a vacume leak but I can not find any sign of a vacume leak.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
If youve replaced the sensors with good quality ones then try’s new earth as after 7 years and however many miles ( based on the corsa e coming out on a 64 ) things may be getting a bit tired. Sparking of which is it the original battery still as that may be a source of the problem

1 - 20 of 32 Posts