Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Try spraying air pipes with soapy water as any leak will show up when the water goes, just don’t get lairy with it at once as engines aren’t too keen on water when they’re running!

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Just googled the error code and it’s says ait is giving different values to the throttle switch either bad parts or bad wiring it an actual air leak, which if you think about it will make the car run funny as there’ll be too much fuel for the fuel to air ratio. Talcum powder would work for finding leaks too

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Firstly I would like to thank you all for your time with this it is much appreciated.
Tha battery is new and I had the engine reconciliationed just over a year ago.
The problem started with a snapped camshaft bolt once that was sorted I started getting the p0068 code with misfire, I have steadily worked my way through the possabiliyies of this but to no joy.
Its an 07 plate so I do understand its getting on a bit now, but had no problems at all before this suddenly happened.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Did you check the timing and tdc as reading back through the post you said you had to do it. Shame as is sounds as if you have spent the time and money on the car and it still isn’t right yet, and I’m sure the answer is going to be simple enough to find once the basics are sorted as engines didn’t have all these electric items on in back int day and they ran ok!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yes did the timing had to get the timing tools and made sure I followed the manual with TDC, and yes have spent a lot of time on this and cash, it's so frustrating having spent all that energy so far and still in the same position, before this it was a great car and so reliable. 😊

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Try the talc thing on the air intake side and although I’ve not had a engine apart the fact you said it was drawing air in through the cam bolts doesn’t seem right. I’m guessing by now the warranty they gave you when they rebuilt the engine has long since gone!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Try the talc thing on the air intake side and although I’ve not had a engine apart the fact you said it was drawing air in through the cam bolts doesn’t seem right. I’m guessing by now the warranty they gave you when they rebuilt the engine has long since gone!
What's this talc technique? Simply put some talc on air pipes and see if it blows it back up?

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I will give that a go see what happens, and yes the warrenty is out now 😒 sooner or later it will get sorted just hope sooner. 😁

·
Registered
436 Posts
I will give that a go see what happens, and yes the warrenty is out now sooner or later it will get sorted just hope sooner.
Definitely keep the faith. you may want to also post on the vauxhall owners network forum, in the Corsa D section. It is little more active so may get a few more ideas.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts