Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My Corsa is a 1.2 16v 2010. I’ve noticed a squeaking that has gotten worse over the period of a few weeks. At first it would come and go but now it is happening all the time.

The car squeaks very loudly (and embarrassingly I must add), whilst accelerating when warm. It will not make the sound when revving in neutral, only when you accelerate in gear AND when the car is warm. I’ve noticed that if you accelerate whilst the engine is still somewhat cold it won’t squeak. Also, there is no loss of power whilst accelerating. It gets worse when going up hills too as more power is needed.

Any ideas what this issue may be? I’d love to fix it myself before taking it to the garage like I have done with my other repairs, but I’m not entirely sure what it may be. It does sound like a belt squeaking but not sure.

Ive also attached a video of it squeaking.

Thanks! 👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should also add that the loud bang going over the hump is just my keychain hitting the steering column. I had to go a tiny bit faster over the hump to show you guys the sound.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi there, if it doesnt do it at a stand still it has to be linked to your drive train or bushings/mounts. It's hard to dignose a problem over the Internet but I would try narrow the noise down and go from there
Hope you find out what the problem is

1 - 3 of 3 Posts