Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On the 1.3 diesel models the drain holes under the scuttle panel block with leaves etc (see below) and the ECU then sits in a water bath water eventually gets inside and destroys the ECU so get those drain holes cleared and keep your fingers crossed its not too late.

The cost of a new ECU is over £1000 and you cannot simply buy one on eBay as it will not work, you can get the damaged one repaired but again you are talking hundreds of pounds if it is repairable.

The guy in the video shows you where the drain holes are.

Before pulling the ECU out to see if it is water damaged try this it may just be the faulty fuse box, if this trick works still clear the drain holes or you will end up drowning the ECU.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Common water damaged Corsa D engine ECU

This engine ECU is a very common failure for the Vauxhall Corsa 1.3 CDTi built from 2006 – 2013, the failure of the ECU is caused by water ingress due to the poor location of the ECU within the water drain channel under the windscreen.

Because the common fault with this Vauxhall Corsa ECU is water damage, we see a wide range of symptoms caused by ECU failure.

Common customer reported fault description:

“Initially the car started to misfire/run rough and the engine management light would come on. Called out a mobile mechanic who came out and performed a diagnostic check and the fault code read injector number 4 faulty. When he came to change the injector the car would not start so he investigated further and found the ECU submerged in water”

Common Failure symptoms:

• Misfire on one cylinder
  • Will not rev past 1500 rpm
  • Non-start (intermittently)
  • Complete non start and no communication via diagnostic.

Common fault codes:

• P0201 - Injector 1 Voltage Low
  • P0202 - Injector 2 Voltage Low
  • P0203 - Injector 3 Voltage Low
  • P0204 - Injector 4 Voltage Low
  • P2146 – Capacitor Voltage 1 Low Voltage
  • P1600 - Replace ECU
  • P1625 - Main Relay Intermittent
  • P060B - Replace ECU
  • P0608 - Internal Control Module Defective
  • P1120 - Pedal Position Sensors Circuit 1
  • P1122 – Pedal Position Sensor Circuit 2
  • P0683 - Glow Plug Circuit Low Voltage
This is a list of common fault codes, usually a failed ECU will only cause one or two of these codes to be stored.

Affected Vehicles:

• Vauxhall Corsa D 2006 - 2013

Info above from the site below, i have no affiliation with the company.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Common water damaged Corsa D engine ECU

This engine ECU is a very common failure for the Vauxhall Corsa 1.3 CDTi built from 2006 – 2013, the failure of the ECU is caused by water ingress due to the poor location of the ECU within the water drain channel under the windscreen.

Because the common fault with this Vauxhall Corsa ECU is water damage, we see a wide range of symptoms caused by ECU failure.

Common customer reported fault description:

“Initially the car started to misfire/run rough and the engine management light would come on. Called out a mobile mechanic who came out and performed a diagnostic check and the fault code read injector number 4 faulty. When he came to change the injector the car would not start so he investigated further and found the ECU submerged in water”

Common Failure symptoms:

• Misfire on one cylinder
  • Will not rev past 1500 rpm
  • Non-start (intermittently)
  • Complete non start and no communication via diagnostic.

Common fault codes:

• P0201 - Injector 1 Voltage Low
  • P0202 - Injector 2 Voltage Low
  • P0203 - Injector 3 Voltage Low
  • P0204 - Injector 4 Voltage Low
  • P2146 – Capacitor Voltage 1 Low Voltage
  • P1600 - Replace ECU
  • P1625 - Main Relay Intermittent
  • P060B - Replace ECU
  • P0608 - Internal Control Module Defective
  • P1120 - Pedal Position Sensors Circuit 1
  • P1122 – Pedal Position Sensor Circuit 2
  • P0683 - Glow Plug Circuit Low Voltage
This is a list of common fault codes, usually a failed ECU will only cause one or two of these codes to be stored.

Affected Vehicles:

• Vauxhall Corsa D 2006 - 2013

Info above from the site below, i have no affiliation with the company.

Hey pal,

I remember talking on a similar thread about this issue, it may have been you but cannot find or remember now. Would you be willing to share what happened and what you did, beginning - middle -end . May help.someone else down the line

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Would you be willing to share what happened and what you did, beginning - middle -end . May help Someone else down the line
Sure.

Day 1 -
Tried to start the car and nothing happened, no clicks from starter, dashboard lights bright, headlights bright and no warning lights on dash so i assumed it may be the lock barrel or a fuse or something, i got a battery test done by a mechanic and it was fine and he checked the starter while he was there i am not sure how he did this but when under the car he managed to get the motor to spin he then said it would have to go to a garage as he didn't have the means to test it further.

Day 3 -
Got the car to a garage and they said it looked like it could be the ECU but they would run some tests and fingers crossed it would be something less expensive.

Day 5 -
The bad news water under the scuttle panel and a drowned ECU they said they may be able to get it fixed but there was no guarantee even if repaired it would work, i looked at the options and it would cost £500 (ish) to get it repaired then with the time the garage had already spent working on it plus the time it would take to install the repaired ECU and get everything working again i was looking at close to £1000, the car got a few advisories on its last MOT so i knew i was going to have to spend at least couple of hundred before its next MOT so at that point i decided it was not worth putting any more money into it so i scrapped it.

This is why i post this thread every time a diesel owner posts in the forum something as simple as cleaning the drain holes can save you a fortune i hope it helps anyone reading this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts