Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

Just wondering if you can help, my step mother in law has a 2007 Vauxhall Corsa D 1.4 Automatic, over the past few weeks her rpm on the speedo has been going to red line whilst normal driving. Then the past few days it has been stuck at around 5000rpm and it moves up & down very little when driving.

I plugged the code reader in and found no faults stored & looked at the live data and the engine rpm at idle would be around 765, when the speedo would be saying 5000. I imagine this would need a replacement cluster unit.

Does it need coded or just a straight swap from a donor car.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you’re wanting to change the speedo, you’ve got 2 scenarios in my experience.

Buy a unit that’s divorced, or Buy a unit that’s still married.

The divorced unit will drop straight in and should work (as long it was a similar model), but will through up errors behind (though not visible on dash). You can marry it with Opcom/Tech2 but you need the code for wherever it came from, and your own vehicle code.

The married unit will prevent the car from starting up as the immobiliser won’t match up, so you’ll need to unmarry and marry it like above.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts