Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My Corsa D (74KW A14XER - 2013 model) developed the following problem. There's a constant whistling noise coming from the engine area. The noise doesn't change with RPM, and it usually appears after traveling on the motorway.
I recorded the noise:

Doing some research I found water pump problem as a possible cause. What do you think?

The car has around 45.000 km in the odometer (I'm the first owner).

Thank you for your help!

John

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi Guys,

My Corsa D (74KW A14XER - 2013 model) developed the following problem. There's a constant whistling noise coming from the engine area. The noise doesn't change with RPM, and it usually appears after traveling on the motorway.
I recorded the noise:

Doing some research I found water pump problem as a possible cause. What do you think?

The car has around 45.000 km in the odometer (I'm the first owner).

Thank you for your help!

John
Hey John,

I would say its about 90% certain its the water pump, sounds that very common sound. Listwn to this video sounds very similare
. Are you losing antifreeze / coolant? Also have a look at the pump area, with the car running if its misting some water, usually as these are failing they leak tiny bit of misting droplets from a small weep hole.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for your quick reply. The coolant level is stable (so far), but I will double-check the pump area for any leak.
Thanks for the video, indeed it sounds quite similar.
Do you think there can be any other reason?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thank you very much for your quick reply. The coolant level is stable (so far), but I will double-check the pump area for any leak.
Thanks for the video, indeed it sounds quite similar.
Do you think there can be any other reason?
Not a problem mate, we all here to help and kearn. I honestly dont think it is anything else, but i guess u could never says never that its something else. The way to properly test would be to remove drive aka serpentine belt and run the car for a few seconds, if the noise goes away u know it is sonething driven by the belt. The only down side is to remove the belt on a corsa it is alittle involved i.e you need remove engine mount and if yiur going to do akk that you might aswell change the water pump anyway as longs as your in there for a preventative measure. It is very common for these to fail on corsa D's I had to replace mine at about 31k.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for that!

I brought to a service center, they confirmed it was the water pump, so I got it replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts