Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2007 corsa d 1.4 engingine z14xep
with a misfire and following codes p0300 multiple misfire and p0304 cylinder 4 misfre
cyl 4 apears to have no compression car pulls ok if floored or above 2000rpm
idle it just shakes and runs rough no loss of oil or coolant no overheating or oil coolant contamination
new coil pack and plugs fitted.
spins a bit before starting then chucks out a cloud of smoke when left for a while

im thinking engine replacement its on 132000 miles

anyone got a good z14xep engine?

·
Registered
576 Posts
with a misfire and following codes p0300 multiple misfire and p0304 cylinder 4 misfre
idle it just shakes and runs rough no loss of oil or coolant no overheating or oil coolant contamination
spins a bit before starting then chucks out a cloud of smoke when left for a while

Have you done a compression test?

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
728 Posts
Sounds fubar! Given the amount of z14xep’s out there it’ll be quicker to swap engine unless service history is impeccably good!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sounds fubar! Given the amount of z14xep’s out there it’ll be quicker to swap engine unless service history is impeccably good!
I agree to rebuild the engine could not be worth the time, unless it's something you want to undertake, as hey it can't get any.worse. and then you could put in a second hand engine later or just go straight there.

·
Registered
576 Posts

How did you proceed in the end pal?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts