Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hope I'm posting in the right place!

Anyway there is a problem with my corsa and I or the mechanic can't seem to get to the bottom of the issue. First of all in January the EGR valve packed in and I got the car terra cleaned and the EGR Valve replaced. About 5 weeks later the cars spanner and car light was on so i took it back and no code was coming up so didnt know what the issue was so it was erased. A few weeks later it came on and I took it back and the code said under boost history - so he cleaned the turbo etc as he thought that was causing the issue. It was fine for another couple of weeks and went for its service to arnold clark made them aware of the issue and they couldnt find anything. But again the light came back on - took it to my usual garage again and it said something about a hose to the EGR or something been loose or fallen off - so he fixed that and took it out for a run but seemed fine. A few days later(last Friday) when I was leaving work the car seemed kinda jerky at times by the time I'd drove 5 miles from work the engine management light was on and I'd lost all power so obviously had to pull over and call the RAC. When the RAC guy came out he said it was coming up with a code to do with high gas temperature and cleared it then rev'ed it for 5/10 mins and it seemed good to go. Since then I don't think the car has had as much power and is still kinda a wee bit jerky but today the spanner light came back on again when going to work turned off when i was driving home but had come back on before I managed to get home.
Im obviously going to the garage on Monday with it as I feel as though whenever I make a trip I might not make it but was wondering if anyone on here has had similar issues or has any ideas I can give the garage?

Also I don't know if this is related but about 90% of the time when starting the car up the coil light comes on but goes off about 10/20 seconds later.

Thanks for reading got a bit carried away!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi sadly I think is no Vauxhall mechanics or engineers here in the forum or maybe I'm wrong, my 1.3 cdti 11 plate had Egr replaced Dfp regen on Vauxhall still after 6 or so mounts I have the car with spanner "vehicle service soon" that will go Monday
to VX for they to have a look. Car drives but since I brought pull in 1st is like it goes turn himself off it came from average on computer 72mph to 58mph since replaced Egr just shell with millers, done 3500 miles in 10 days over Europe to get in UK
and the car gets bad, my opinion is this car with this engine is not up for the job sad I went for this one instead of a new with 100000 warranty, from a fellow without light in the end of tunnel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, hope I'm posting in the right place!

Anyway there is a problem with my corsa and I or the mechanic can't seem to get to the bottom of the issue. First of all in January the EGR valve packed in and I got the car terra cleaned and the EGR Valve replaced. About 5 weeks later the cars spanner and car light was on so i took it back and no code was coming up so didnt know what the issue was so it was erased. A few weeks later it came on and I took it back and the code said under boost history - so he cleaned the turbo etc as he thought that was causing the issue. It was fine for another couple of weeks and went for its service to arnold clark made them aware of the issue and they couldnt find anything. But again the light came back on - took it to my usual garage again and it said something about a hose to the EGR or something been loose or fallen off - so he fixed that and took it out for a run but seemed fine. A few days later(last Friday) when I was leaving work the car seemed kinda jerky at times by the time I'd drove 5 miles from work the engine management light was on and I'd lost all power so obviously had to pull over and call the RAC. When the RAC guy came out he said it was coming up with a code to do with high gas temperature and cleared it then rev'ed it for 5/10 mins and it seemed good to go. Since then I don't think the car has had as much power and is still kinda a wee bit jerky but today the spanner light came back on again when going to work turned off when i was driving home but had come back on before I managed to get home.
Im obviously going to the garage on Monday with it as I feel as though whenever I make a trip I might not make it but was wondering if anyone on here has had similar issues or has any ideas I can give the garage?

Also I don't know if this is related but about 90% of the time when starting the car up the coil light comes on but goes off about 10/20 seconds later.

Thanks for reading got a bit carried away!
These engines are critical on egr, they tend to get soothed up continually, if it's not logging any codes it sounds like either a boost issue or egr fault, lack of power sounds very much like egr. Lack of power is either maf or egr, usually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts