Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my Corsa D (2010) is driving me insane.
The first problem I noticed was a tapping noise (not affected by revs). This isn’t a problem as a bit of radio deals with that. However, when going at higher speeds (40+) I get major issues.
I climb a hill in 3rd, leave it until high rev before changing into 4th. It proceeds to drive fine for 15-20 seconds then makes a terrible rattling noise as the power dies. I put my foot flat to the floor and nothing happens, it slows down with a large puff of smoke behind. Sometimes, dropping into 3rd or 2nd can fix it. Others I have to pull over, turn off and restart.
Then on a dual carriageway I noticed that same issue. First time I noticed was at 65mph power died, dropped a gear kicked back in.
Second time, I was doing 40 in 3rd and it died.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Super Moderator
1,356 Posts
Joking aside and a bit of a long shot -
Have you checked the oil level i had this happen years ago with a Cortina when i had overfilled the engine oil i was going down the motorway and suddenly it kind of hesitated and put out blue smoke i pulled over couldn't find a problem them continued, it did it a few times at high revs then i discovered my error.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts