Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new here I have a 2011 corsa d and its started to take awhile to start and when it does start it kicks out black smoke and smells and runs rough . Any idea what this could be. Changed the spark plugs yesterday and today they are black.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Black smoke is fuel, blue is oil and white is water. Don’t know what the miles are like on the car but given a diesel that’s had a hard right foot all it’s life belches black smoke under acceleration I’d be looking down the fuel side of things, when was it last serviced etc and if it is a worn engine it may be cheaper to get a rebuilt engine than chase problems with this one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a petrol and it's about 80 thousand on clock.doesnt have much pick up ticking over is rough and when you first start it,it sometimes wont rev and stalls. It's a 1.2 sxi

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Sounds like it needs a damned good service, do you know when it was last done? I’d be looking to do all the fuel filters as it sounds like it’s short on fuel as I wouldn’t expect the injectors to want replacing at 80,000.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Sounds like it needs a damned good service, do you know when it was last done? I’d be looking to do all the fuel filters as it sounds like it’s short on fuel as I wouldn’t expect the injectors to want replacing at 80,000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well only had it 2 years and its had a new timing belt and head gasket plus service at the same time and its 90,000 on clock. Changed the plugs and they had oil on them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts