Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Opel/vauxhall Corsa D 2012 facelift I4 1.2 63kW/85hp
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3-door Opel/vauxhall Corsa D 2012 facelift, with the I4 1.2 A12EXR engine. I've been slowly but surely modifying it, i have a Ramair sports air intake and a bigger cat back exhaust, the mid pipe is from the 1.4 and 1.6 corsa and then i got a Ulter sport muffler oval 95x65mm.
I was looking to getting it chipped /tunned, whatever you wanna cal it.
I was doing some research online and i have found different specs of tunning, i was just wondering what to actually except from this. Can i see some better MPG? Or maybe some more hp and torque?

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,404 Posts
As I’ve the same engine, I’ve looked into tuning too, and with the right modifications 110 bhp is possible, air filter, manifold, decat, and back section, and a good re map, but what’s pit me off doing that is the mot man has to have the cat on to pass it and to put it on I need to re map the car again, £400 quid each mot isn’t worth 25 bhp over standard so I’ve gone down the tuning box route (92 bhp) , free flow air filter and pedal box to make the throttle response quicker, it feels quicker, but is loads better to drive when I fill up with 99 octane fuel, so maybe 95 bhp with the fuel and air filter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I’ve the same engine, I’ve looked into tuning too, and with the right modifications 110 bhp is possible, air filter, manifold, decat, and back section, and a good re map, but what’s pit me off doing that is the mot man has to have the cat on to pass it and to put it on I need to re map the car again, £400 quid each mot isn’t worth 25 bhp over standard so I’ve gone down the tuning box route (92 bhp) , free flow air filter and pedal box to make the throttle response quicker, it feels quicker, but is loads better to drive when I fill up with 99 octane fuel, so maybe 95 bhp with the fuel and air filter.
Thanks for the reply, I've looked into sports cams and manifolds and then a remap, but it's a bit too expensive at that point. I've got a good re-map guy, that's not gonna cost me much since i know him, so i gues the extra 5hp+ is gonna be worth it, hopefully. I'm getting remapped this friday, I'll post the results here, hopefully good news all around.
Unfortunately a cat delete in my country is illegal and i can get my car towed and squished, so i can't really do that, but for SMOG or inspection i wouldn't pass either.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I don’t know what size cat you need for a corsa, if they’re all the same from a 1.0 3 cylinder to a vxr/ opc 1.6 turbo then a sports cat might be an option, that and an increase in mass air flow meter to a vxr/opc spec but that’ll need mapping in on a rolling road, could always try and get the irmscher turbo kit from a corsa c and make that fit, but as far as chasing big power my thoughts are fiat 500 engine from a 595 or the like, straight in and 170 bhp from stock

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t know what size cat you need for a corsa, if they’re all the same from a 1.0 3 cylinder to a vxr/ opc 1.6 turbo then a sports cat might be an option, that and an increase in mass air flow meter to a vxr/opc spec but that’ll need mapping in on a rolling road, could always try and get the irmscher turbo kit from a corsa c and make that fit, but as far as chasing big power my thoughts are fiat 500 engine from a 595 or the like, straight in and 170 bhp from stock
Yeah i see where you are going with this, but i'm also on a budget since i am full time student working a job on the side. I'm trying to keep it as low as possible, but also reliable as much as i can, so i ussualy go for mid range parts... New parts, rarely unless needed. And some of these upgrades just cost way too much in the end... I've done some research and i could of gotten a cat delete(and then just reinytall it for inspection) but then the remap won't really work well, when i do have to get the cat back on... So i think i'll just leave it with the upgrades it's got on right now, maybe get some wheels to fit better( i got R14 on and they look horrible with the cap) i'm gonna probably go for R15 alloys and maybe some handling upgrades.
But thanks for the advice and all! 😊

I've also thought about turboing, but i think the mechanic said the bearings can't handle more than maybe 0.4 bars of boost, it'll just wear out sooner... I have 96k km on it right now and i plan to keep it for a long time.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Less weight, better brakes, better handling and that should see a quicker car, I know piper do a complete system for the corsa, and they give some increase in power, by how much is another thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Less weight, better brakes, better handling and that should see a quicker car, I know piper do a complete system for the corsa, and they give some increase in power, by how much is another thing.
Yeah i've checked out their exhuast manifold (piper) it looks good, but idk how much i would gain from a cat delete and better flow... Maybe a bit extra, but i think i would need both headers(intake and exhaust) and better throttle body to actually see a significant gain again.
And yeah about the weight, it's quite a heavy car, 1,120kg with no passagners. I'm probably gonna throw out the rear seats alltogether for more space and then maybe the spare tyre and get a puncture repair when i get the alloy wheels. Thanks so much for the feedback!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rectangle Slope Font Display device Parallel
well it's not looking good, something isn't right with my car, i've changed the spark plugs, he couldn't tune this-he was afraid of damaging my car... I'm probably gonna get it diagnosed, to see if i have failures anywhere in the system. Although the Check engine lights hasn't gone off-so that's weird.

I'm also waiting for another date on the dyno, to see if it's fixed and then maybe he can tune it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts