Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

Not long ago my Vauxhall Corsa D 2012 started doing very weird noise coming from engine bay. I did a lot of research but i did not find anything. It sounds like bad chain or bad pulley. The car is 1.4 auto 40 000 miles and when it warms up the noise stops. Please find the video link below. Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hello everyone

Not long ago my Vauxhall Corsa D 2012 started doing very weird noise coming from engine bay. I did a lot of research but i did not find anything. It sounds like bad chain or bad pulley. The car is 1.4 auto 40 000 miles and when it warms up the noise stops. Please find the video link below. Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks.
Hello Illiyan,

Sorry to hear your having troubles (ps great channel you got, gave you a new subscriber ). In regards to the noise it sounds.pulley related to me, but again with timing chain being on same side you cannot be sure.

If you have a mechanic stethoscope you can try see if.yoh can place carefully on parts near the pulley, or you can try removing the belt and see if the.noose.goes away and.if it does you know it is something driven by the belt.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Illiyan,

Sorry to hear your having troubles (ps great channel you got, gave you a new subscriber ). In regards to the noise it sounds.pulley related to me, but again with timing chain being on same side you cannot be sure.

If you have a mechanic stethoscope you can try see if.yoh can place carefully on parts near the pulley, or you can try removing the belt and see if the.noose.goes away and.if it does you know it is something driven by the belt.

Hello everson38

Thanks for subscribing to my channel.I am very glad that you like it.

About the noise I changed the drive belt and tensioner last year so i am pretty sure that's ok. I will remove the belt and will check water pump and alternator. The noise is coming from the top where the water pump is.

Will definitely give you update and i hope this post helps to many people in the future.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hello everson38

Thanks for subscribing to my channel.I am very glad that you like it.

About the noise I changed the drive belt and tensioner last year so i am pretty sure that's ok. I will remove the belt and will check water pump and alternator. The noise is coming from the top where the water pump is.

Will definitely give you update and i hope this post helps to many people in the future.

For sure, no I don't think it is the alternator belt, just that if you remove belt and start car for a few seconds if the noise goes away you know it is something driven by the belt. I maybe water pump but when mine failed it made a different noise, but it could be. I think getting belt off and seeing first if noise goes away. If it is your water pump that would be a good video to do on your channel, no where on YouTube is there a detailed video on how to change the water pump on a Corsa D. Could grow your channel some

1 - 4 of 4 Posts