Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, i've had a bit of a search through the forum but wasn't able to find the answer i'm looking for so am hoping you guys/gals can give me some advice. A while back i switched my boot light for an LED strip (simply using the existing boot light wiring) and all worked fine for months until recently when it stopped working.

I removed the wiring for the LED strip and wired the old boot light back in and checked the fuse for the coot light/interior light - all looked ok but now the original boot light doesn't work either - the interior light in the car works fine by the way.

So i got the multi meter out and checked the two green cables going into the boot light - one shows no voltage (i'm guessing the switch) and the other shows constant power. So if i get a separate piece of wire for the negative and touch it to the car chassis the light comes on, so power is good.

From reading posts on here i suspect its then an issue with the micro switch in the boot handle (which i think is what the negative of this terminal ultimately connects to?) i got a used one from a breaker, installed.. no difference sadly still no light. Interestingly i have had a few instances as well where the boot popper doesn't work and i don't think the boot is locking (e.g. i can't hear anything when clicking the button) but that seems intermittent.. Do i have a bad ground somewhere perhaps?

So i'm after a bit of advice, what else could be the issue? Can i test the negative wire/micro switch to confirm its ok? Am i missing something obvious, failing that the positive wire to the boot light is providing constant power - could i use this somehow in conjunction with a switch to make my own boot light? Or any other ideas to get it working really!

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
You know the boot light is good as you’ve earthed it and it’s working, the micro switch could be at fault, least if you get a new one you’ve ruled that out too and know it’s either wiring issues or a fuse. I’d be checking fuses first as it’ll be the cheapest option

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Dave, thanks for the reply! I got a new micro switch for the boot handle this week, no difference unfortunately.. I've reconnected the old boot light using the original connector cabling etc and it's not working either.. doh

Interestingly driving today the door/boot chime was going off constantly, I double checked both doors..fine..tried to open the boot and couldn't.. then magically i could. Slammed the boot shut.. definitely shut.. then the open chime kept going off intermittently over bumps etc.. any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Just a thought, even if the micro switch has been replaced with a new one does it still buzz if you touch it when it’s open as that way it’ll be working if it does, suppose the only other thing is the switch that bings and bongs on the dash would also control the boot light, I can’t see it being a contact switch like the old corsa’s had for door shut or not but it might be worth looking in the boot to see if there’s any wiring going to where it locks onto if that makes sense and see if there’s anything there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts