Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
i just got my car back from garage. apparently there was no current drain from battery ,just dirty terminals which were cleaned.
maybe the small current drain on the test light i did earlier could have been due to these sl corroded terminals.
anyway i am glad everything is ok now.

·
Registered
556 Posts
i just got my car back from garage. apparently there was no current drain from battery ,just dirty terminals which were cleaned.
maybe the small current drain on the test light i did earlier could have been due to these sl corroded terminals.
anyway i am glad everything is ok now.
Abit annoying but atleast it's sorted, that is the problems sometimes that I have to remember to tell myself, do the simple things first. I usually jump to the worse case scenario so we should have probably checked that. So it was just corrosion on the battery terminals. Side note also upload pictures of engine bay in future as someone may spot something .

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
yeah .thats what the garage said.they did not charge me any fee because i have been a loyal customer for mot and major repairs.
i shall try to upload photos next time

·
Registered
66 Posts
i am not fully convinced that it was just corroded battery terminals causing a battery drain.i will leave the car for about 2-3 days without starting to see
whether the battery drains.

·
Registered
556 Posts
yeah .thats what the garage said.they did not charge me any fee because i have been a loyal customer for mot and major repairs.
i shall try to upload photos next time
I do understand how you feel , as I would be the same, but it could in theory he the issue, i.e when using the car if corroded terminals are not allowing enough charge into battery, the battery would be getting depleted. You could do was the driving if for about an hour, to ensure the alternator charges it back up fully (aomnfor dual carriageway and motorway driving) then let it sit for a few days and see. I gues the oossitve is it hasn't cost you nothing, so all to gain and nothing to lose.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
the garage charged the battery fully and left it 1 day overnight to check it .but i am going to let the car untouched for 3 days as you suggested to check for any significant voltage drop.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts