Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2008 corsa d 1.2 sxi just recently it has started judder really bad when pulling off in first gear it's almost like clutch judder but only seems to do it when the car warms up, some days it doesn't do it at all even of its been drivin all day.

If I put the car in second I can pull off with no judder at all just by giving it a little rev, also when it does do it in first once moving it drives fine and changes through all gears without any issues.

I have recently replaced the glow plugs as it was suggested it could be the issue, I was also suggested it may be head gasket but I don't seem to have any signs of that as there's no mayo around the filler or in the coolant tank, no smoke at all and not losing any coolant.

Upon checking the engine bay there appears to be a slight leak from the Oil pressure switch (which is being replaced this weekend) and there's a bit of oil around the throttle body could this be a sign of an issue?

Sorry for the long post and thank you to all who took the time to get this far and to any and all help offered.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,245 Posts
Glow plugs? On a petrol? Spark plugs, yes. Also was the coil pack replaced at the same time? It’ll be worth having a code reader plugged in to see if there’s any stored codes and any live ones too

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi I have a 2008 corsa d 1.2 sxi just recently it has started judder really bad when pulling off in first gear it's almost like clutch judder but only seems to do it when the car warms up, some days it doesn't do it at all even of its been drivin all day.

If I put the car in second I can pull off with no judder at all just by giving it a little rev, also when it does do it in first once moving it drives fine and changes through all gears without any issues.

I have recently replaced the glow plugs as it was suggested it could be the issue, I was also suggested it may be head gasket but I don't seem to have any signs of that as there's no mayo around the filler or in the coolant tank, no smoke at all and not losing any coolant.

Upon checking the engine bay there appears to be a slight leak from the Oil pressure switch (which is being replaced this weekend) and there's a bit of oil around the throttle body could this be a sign of an issue?

Sorry for the long post and thank you to all who took the time to get this far and to any and all help offered.
Are you saying there is a judder until the car warms up, cz it is very common for the gearboxes to judder until it has warmed up on the Corsa's

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glow plugs? On a petrol? Spark plugs, yes. Also was the coil pack replaced at the same time? It’ll be worth having a code reader plugged in to see if there’s any stored codes and any live ones too
Hi yes spark plugs lol sorry had just been ordering bits for my zafira service. Had opcom plugged in and no codes stored.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you saying there is a judder until the car warms up, cz it is very common for the gearboxes to judder until it has warmed up on the Corsa's

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
No the judder doesn't start until the cars been driven a good half hour 45 mins then it will do it everything its restarted until its had a good rest to cool down, so say its switched off 5-10 mins it will judder straight away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts