Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be involved in doing a Z20LET conversion on my LE ? Wiring changes ? Mounts? Fitting ?
Anyone know of a workshop that can help with this conversion ! Really determined to get it done cost doesn't worry me but I want to have the fastest corsa in the UK !

·
2014 Feature Car
2,089 Posts
You're willing to chuck in around £15-20k into your Corsa, just to make it the fastest in the UK? :|
At your age as well, pretty sure no one will unsure you, assuming you're 17 like it says under your username?

·
Registered
376 Posts
What would be involved in doing a Z20LET conversion on my LE ? Wiring changes ? Mounts? Fitting ?
Anyone know of a workshop that can help with this conversion ! Really determined to get it done cost doesn't worry me but I want to have the fastest corsa in the UK !
Lol........ you ever heard of or seen ruddy's corsa? ? good luck chasing that down the strip

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
You're willing to chuck in around £15-20k into your Corsa, just to make it the fastest in the UK? :|
At your age as well, pretty sure no one will unsure you, assuming you're 17 like it says under your username?
It'd be in excess of 20k too. That would be in a vxr. And does he want fastest corsa or corsa d? Coz no matter how much anyone does to a d we will never come close to catching them big powered corsa B's ?

·
Registered
376 Posts
If your really going to do it find a looked after forged corsa vxr for sale, then you have a decent base to start with. Forget the idea of an engine transplant, what it costs to do your best paying the extra 1-2k insuring a vxr (it'll save you thousands to)

·
2014 Feature Car
2,089 Posts
It'd be in excess of 20k too. That would be in a vxr. And does he want fastest corsa or corsa d? Coz no matter how much anyone does to a d we will never come close to catching them big powered corsa B's ?

You're not wrong about that! Haha there's some daft examples out there! What is actually the most somebody has got out of a D? Has anyone reached the 500bhp mark yet?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
You're not wrong about that! Haha there's some daft examples out there! What is actually the most somebody has got out of a D? Has anyone reached the 500bhp mark yet?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Adam got his to 490+ then sold it. There's about 3-4 between 4-450. Then there's ruddy's...... what he's actually pushing out now god knows but it was about the 650 mark ?

·
2014 Feature Car
2,089 Posts
Adam got his to 490+ then sold it. There's about 3-4 between 4-450. Then there's ruddy's...... what he's actually pushing out now god knows but it was about the 650 mark ?

Did he? Didn't realise he got that high. Weird how he sold it so soon after spending such a fortune on it :/ think the OP is dreaming to be honest.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Did he? Didn't realise he got that high. Weird how he sold it so soon after spending such a fortune on it :/ think the OP is dreaming to be honest.
Mine is nearly there now, there ain't a cat in hells chance I'd sell mine after everything I've put into it, money/time/effort and how much sh1te it's caused me with the missis. I will just enjoy it then ☺

Yeah I believe the op really thinks this is possible but doesn't quite understand how much really goes into this. Yeah it's possible that you can get it to that hp but it's everything else you have to change so it can take the hp. Like in the photo below, when searching for that power it's things like this that add up at thousands a time

That's 2k nearly just on transmission ? I've had to live at work the past 2 years and it ain't no fun, nearly done now tho ?

·
2014 Feature Car
2,089 Posts
Mine is nearly there now, there ain't a cat in hells chance I'd sell mine after everything I've put into it, money/time/effort and how much sh1te it's caused me with the missis. I will just enjoy it then ☺

Yeah I believe the op really thinks this is possible but doesn't quite understand how much really goes into this. Yeah it's possible that you can get it to that hp but it's everything else you have to change so it can take the hp. Like in the photo below, when searching for that power it's things like this that add up at thousands a time

That's 2k nearly just on transmission ? I've had to live at work the past 2 years and it ain't no fun, nearly done now tho ?

:lol1: fair play for you actually doing it like, but personally, stage 3 was enough for me. Would rather get an Evo and spend daft money on that haha
Would be nice to see the faces on those sort of cars when you fly by them though :lol1:

·
Registered
376 Posts
:lol1: fair play for you actually doing it like, but personally, stage 3 was enough for me. Would rather get an Evo and spend daft money on that haha
Would be nice to see the faces on those sort of cars when you fly by them though :lol1:
I will be getting an evo next (always wanted 1, like an affordable dream car) will be keeping this as a weekend/track toy. I'm actually entering time attack at Croft in August as a one hit wonder. 4wd is definitely a much smarter investment if your going to go to town on something ? I didn't plan on going down the garret route straight away, it just slowly progressed towards that, certain things broke so you put better on etc etc. Before you know it I'd decided to rebuild the engine and fully commit to it ☺. Can't even imagine what it'll be like to drive? Will of been 2.5-3 years of hard work, would I do it again? NO not a chance lol! what ive already put into the car and the price of the car I could of got a very nice evo

·
Registered
376 Posts
Any picture of the actual conversion ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Engines been fully rebuilt (cams, springs etc etc,) got full transmission overhaul sorted Inc diff, big brake kit, cage, proper seats, obviously all the other bits, injectors..... list goes on and on. All that's left to do now is get the nortech manifold, gtx2863 turbo (or 2860 as advised by my mechanic) with the accompanying parts. Should be on within next 3 months or so ☺

Had 2 of these seats custom made (not here yet) so loaned the shop standard seat for now. Oh and with my wanting to enter time attack got to have quick release system ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts