Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My corsa d 2010 sxi is leaking water in somewhere . The driver driver carpet it soaked in water . Does anyone have an idea were to look where it could be coming in ? Going to have to rip all the carpet out and driver all the wool underneath !

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate ,

No not had a new windscreen and no cant smell anti freeze just dampness . Going to rip the seats and carpet out over Christmas and get the hospipe out

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stripped the car out and when i hold the hose pipe above the door it seems to come in at the top of the window. i thought i had found where it was coming in but it rained hard last night and both back footwells are flooded. i think its too much water in the footwells to be coming in from top of the window . there was no water marks on the window or top of the door card. the hard foam fire stop which is in the front two footwells is soaked aswell, i cant take that out without taking the dash out because it goes right behind . can anyone give me any ideas from past experince where it may be coming in it would be really greatfull.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Only thing I can say is process of elimination, put a waterproof sheet covering from top of windscreen to front of the car seal across top use gaff tape or something similar to stop water running onto the windscreen, that way you can make sure there's no water leaking from windscreen area.

In the mean time aquavac the carpets to get as much out as you can, another thing- where water drains from bottom of your windscreen at back of engine, just check it's clear of leaves, may get blocked and follow wiring loom down into cabin.
Also check your water coolant level hasn't dropped to make sure it isn't heater matrix. Other than that sit in and get someone to hose the doors, windscreen etc. make sure the seals are dry before you start. That's all I can say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it was the white rubber grommet which is in the engine bay behind the engine. i have sealed it all up and it fine now. just waiting for the underlay to dry. if anyone has the same problem i can tell you were to look

·
Registered
1 Posts
White rubber grommet?

it was the white rubber grommet which is in the engine bay behind the engine. i have sealed it all up and it fine now. just waiting for the underlay to dry. If anyone has the same problem i can tell you were to look
Hi Ollycuff, I have just purchased a 2010 Corsa D SXI A/C and have noticed the drivers footwell insulation is wet from water, not coolant. I have checked & cleared the drainage holes (drivers side had a "trap door" of mud over it, passenger side was okay) and the door seals look fine. I haven't checked the cabin's air con pipe yet but suspect the leak may be around the windscreen seal, although how the water is making it's way into the footwell I'm not sure.

Could you tell me please where to look for the "white rubber grommet" behind the engine so I can check if that is the problem like it was for you.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
it was the white rubber grommet which is in the engine bay behind the engine. i have sealed it all up and it fine now. just waiting for the underlay to dry. if anyone has the same problem i can tell you were to look
Hi I’m having the same problem with this leak on the drivers side on my 2013 cdti could you please tell me where this white grommet is located.
many thanks
steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mines still leaking aswell I've had complete dash out changed brake servo metal plate and heater matrix rubber seal but it's still flowing in driving me mad going to have another look tomorrow

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts