Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Corsa. A few days ago the radio stopped working, it worked fine the day before as i went for a drive after changing the headlight bulbs. The display turns on and shows the radio stations fine, the aux works fine and music plays through my phone.

i have disconnected the battery to try a hard reset (30min disconnected), i’ve gotten myself a new Ariel too but nothing works. it randomly turned on twice and even after restarted the car and turning it on and off worked fine but after say 10 min of the car being off it does the same thing. Fuse 3 or 4 i forget in the internal fuse box has been checked and is fine.

Any ideas what it could be please

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with a test light you can check the live feed is working in the loom
i was planning on doing that on my day off to see if maybe a wire is loose or something when you say “live feed” what’s that referring to in terms of the cable and would i be able to check with a multimeter? sorry i’m very new to this sort of stuff

·
Registered
624 Posts
if you are new to testing electrics like me it's best to buy a test light initially for diagnostics.The live feed wire to the back of radio
is thicker and i think red and yellow in colour.with a test light check whether there is current coming to the live wire end .If there is
current coming it might be even the on/off knob faulty, but i am not sure without physically looking at the headunit

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you are new to testing electrics like me it's best to buy a test light initially for diagnostics.The live feed wire to the back of radio
is thicker and i think red and yellow in colour.with a test light check whether there is current coming to the live wire end .If there is
current coming it might be even the on/off knob faulty, but i am not sure without physically looking at the headunit

sure thank you i’ll do that tomorrow but the unit (radio) does light up and display all the channels which is why i’m left scratching my head as to why there’s no sound but when i use an aux there is. very peculiar

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could it be that the head unit itself is faulty ?
this is what i’m leaning towards tbh, anyway to find out without spending a bunch of money. i do appreciate your help btw especially as it’s so late in the day too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do let the forum know how you get along
hi mate thanks for your help so far, i’ll be replacing the fuse and taking out the radio after work and seeing if it fixes it. i’ll keep the forum posted with any updates! fingers crossed!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do let the forum know how you get along
so update here, seems the fuse is fine, as is the wires nothing out of place or damaged all seems in good condition 😞 so seems like it’s more than likely the head unit itself now the question is if i were to replace it with one of ebay from the same car (original factory unit) would i get some sort of error such as needing a radio code or something i’ve heard that they need to be coded in?

·
Registered
624 Posts
no what you have to do is buy the cd30mp3 with the paired display unit together from EBAY and install both at the same time .
Then you dont need any radio code. i will send a youtube video on how to replace the display unit next

1 - 18 of 18 Posts