Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a corsa d Sri and the drivers rear brake worn right down before the others so I had new disk and pads and now it's sticking and rubbing and getting really hot compared to the others can any one please help the place I got it from say they have changed disk pads an calipers. Also I read I thread some were about a valve on rear axle or somthing that splits the pressure and this bloke was saying on all his Sri vxr ect he swaps it for the set up of the standard corsa as its better and the on it comes with is known for problems on lowered cars which mine is so any one who knows owt about that pls or any help please it sounds a bit like the disk is warped ie catching on same spot like a bike when wheel is butteled but garage says he changed disk any help pls guys

·
Registered
933 Posts
I just got a corsa d Sri and the drivers rear brake worn right down before the others so I had new disk and pads and now it's sticking and rubbing and getting really hot compared to the others can any one please help the place I got it from say they have changed disk pads an calipers. Also I read I thread some were about a valve on rear axle or somthing that splits the pressure and this bloke was saying on all his Sri vxr ect he swaps it for the set up of the standard corsa as its better and the on it comes with is known for problems on lowered cars which mine is so any one who knows owt about that pls or any help please it sounds a bit like the disk is warped ie catching on same spot like a bike when wheel is butteled but garage says he changed disk any help pls guys
One wheel binding, could be a few things, but if you have had new pads and disks it's not likely to be any of the components. It could be a faulty abs pump or it could be a hand brake cable seized. Thule issue really comes down how involved with cars are you becuase if you don't do any of your own work I would just take it back to your garage and have them check it out

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,245 Posts
I’d start by getting the calipers rebuilt as it sounds as if that’s what you have, did the same kind of thing on my astra h Sri 150 and it’s done it on my j 2.0 elite too, both have rear discs so it must be a thing with them. I remember back in the day if you lowered your nova it used to upset the brake balance especially if you’d done the rear disc conversion you had to swap the brake balance valve for the drum version as there was too much pressure going to the back axle and it used to lock up as soon as you thought about using the brakes, I know we are 25 years on but perhaps it’s the same solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts