Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum and looking for a little advice

recently picked up a black SXI 1.4 2009 with Sri factory kit for the misses to learn in, Iv noticed water in the boot and looking for possible answers and common places the water can enter

I’ve attached a few pictures of the area , the rear breather vents appear to be leaking but there is also water higher up above the vents so would it be possible I have 2 separate leaks ?
Can the vents be replaced by sheet metal to eliminate them completely

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
723 Posts
Right, pop the bungs out in the wheel well to drain the water and give it a bit of towel action to dry it out, maybe even a de humidifier overnight if you have a driveway. Most common places for it to get in are boot seal, 3rd brake light and rear lights, it’s not unknown for the rear end of the windows on the 3 door to leak either and the Ariel base can be another area. Don’t plate the vents up as these allow the car to sweat and breathe although check there’s actually a rubber flap there like a 1 way valve if you like that sits behind the rear bumper. If the Ariel base was leaking there’d be staining on the roof lining from the water so the likelihood of it being that will be slim. Boot seal and 3 rd brake light would be my first places to look. Only sure way of finding the leak would be strip arse end out, talc the area then give it a good jet wash round, that should find your leak.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply just in the door now I stripped the rear out and got the hose pipe all over the back but cannot see anything

I have dried it all down and went round the seams with a heat gun, one of the “vents” wasn’t clicked in correctly tho I may take a change on 2 new ones and go that way

the lights are defiantly sealed and the brake light / aerial appear to be ok

just been one of these cars! It’s old so I’m sure I’ll be chasing maintenance often

thanks again for your reply 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
723 Posts
Half of the fun with these older motors! Can’t wait for the electrics to start playing silly buggers, give me a nova sr any day of the week, if it wasn’t rotten, you didn’t need to weld, if it’s electrics worked you left well alone, and if it was going well you bunged a peco exhaust and a bigger carb on it, then enjoyed the noise, then someone put a 2.0 xe in and the rest is history! 😆

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Showing your age a bit there mate 😆, I’m 1993 I missed the good years

Take care, thanks again and stay safe 👍🏻

1 - 6 of 6 Posts