Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Chaps,

I need your help, I bought my first 1 owner 11,000 mile 2 year old Corsa D for 6k recently, never had a Corsa before and gave it to the wife. Left it on the drive for 2 weeks and the driver footwell mats were all wet. No probs I thought, I'll just contact the dealer under warranty - rung them up and they said they won't cover water ingress after the first 12 months :(

So I searched the net for hours for solutions as I have less than 100 quid in the bank and I need it for bills. The solutions I researched were as follows, I am by no means a mechanic but here goes:

a: heater matrix leak - no smell of coolant, just looks like plain rainwater, saw a pic of another Corsa (C model) on the net and the location looks completely different, in the Corsa D, just looks like it has been encased in a plastic white shell so ruled this out plus someone commented on the net that the area would get hot giving you a 'hot foot'

b. Leaves/dirt just below the windscreen - one or two leaves, but otherwise clean, removed them any way.

c. Poor weld seam betwen the body and the inside cabin just below the windscreen - inspected with a torch through the gaps, seems ok to me - flooded it with a hosepipe for 20 mins and not a drop inside.

d. Seal gone below the window - the seal does move slightly by 1mm on the passenger side but I have dismissed this as the windscreen overshoots the dash and cabin by quite a margin and goes straight in to the scuttle area so would be fine even without a seal

e. Water dripping between the clutch and brake pedal - as its an auto, just a brake pedal and accelerator - no water noticed after hosepiping the area for 20 mins

f. Poor door seal - inspected the seal and it is near mint and very solid

g. Poor seal around the pollen filter - this is the area I am researching, took the car in to the home garage, someone on the net posted a disassembly guide for a Corsa C to remove the scuttle plate for another forum user - they said, pull out the rubber seal which runs the length of the bonnet, unscrew 3 screws, pull the wiper caps off, take 2 nuts off the wipers, remove the wipers with WD40 and pull the scuttle plate towards you. But on the Corsa D, they have completely redesigned it. Once I pulled out the snake like rubber seal running across the bonnet, the plastic scuttle plate was held by about 4 square white blocks which are not only difficult to get at but practically impossible to turn/unscrew. So,I tried taking the wipers off by taking the caps off and nuts out (easy part) but the wiper threads are covered in green glue around the thread which is practically welded to the threads and wipers and I applied WD40 and ridiculous amounts of pulling force with various tools to no joy so I have just pulled the scuttle plate as it is to have a look around the gaps without breaking it. Where the pollen filter is supposed to go, it just looks like a letterbox going straight down a tunnel into the car dash - I am almost 100% sure there should be a large plastic box there with a filter inside it. But I searched the net without avail for a part number or picture, so I have ordered an electronic parts catalogue from Ebay for the Corsa D to see if there definately is one and if I can get the part number so that I can squeeze it under the scuttle plate into position as I think when the rain is heavy it is going into this letterbox after the bay area directly underneath the scuttle becomes full of water?

Believe it or not, I know practically nothing about cars so am putting it to you guys as I'm pretty sure most of you guys have dismantled and reassembled you car loads of times. I am still waiting for the DVD from Ebay and am getting a bit sleepless after forking out nearly every penny I had on this car as the wife didn't want a Toyota as she recently passed on a Corsa :doublethumbs: Hope this makes sense :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Poncho

I had a Corsa Design 1.2, 57 plate, by 24 months old I had a serious water ingress problem into the front passenger footwell. I have photos of it, huge puddle. Under carpet proofing and everything was soaked. If I opened the VIN hatch on the driver side carpet there would be lots of moisture on the metalwork, if i put my fingers in and squeezed the underfloor sound proofing it would squelch and the smell was terrible, clearly had been going on for months.

Again,l just like your story Vauxhall were completely terrible with the matter and told me after 12 months ingress is not covered by warranty. I clearly did not do this myself so i'm puzzled as to why I should pay for it. I did buy another corsa, a new one...so we'll see what happens with that.

What I can tell you is that whenever i hosed the front of the car, particularly around the windscreen area, the footwell would flood.

NIGHTMARE.

Only possible solution is a VX bodyshop who will need to strip everything out.

W

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Poncho

I had a Corsa Design 1.2, 57 plate, by 24 months old I had a serious water ingress problem into the front passenger footwell. I have photos of it, huge puddle. Under carpet proofing and everything was soaked. If I opened the VIN hatch on the driver side carpet there would be lots of moisture on the metalwork, if i put my fingers in and squeezed the underfloor sound proofing it would squelch and the smell was terrible, clearly had been going on for months.

Again,l just like your story Vauxhall were completely terrible with the matter and told me after 12 months ingress is not covered by warranty. I clearly did not do this myself so i'm puzzled as to why I should pay for it. I did buy another corsa, a new one...so we'll see what happens with that.

What I can tell you is that whenever i hosed the front of the car, particularly around the windscreen area, the footwell would flood.

NIGHTMARE.

Only possible solution is a VX bodyshop who will need to strip everything out.

W
Did you ever solve this? Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts