Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 21 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all not sure if this is the right place as its my first time on here I have a corsa d the car lights up but won't turn over there's no lights change and no sounds at all when trying to turn over except the battery light goes out the battery has been fully charged and registering over 13 volts so that seems fine any ideas thanks?

·
Registered
287 Posts
hi ,what is the year of the car ?is it petrol or diesel ?do you get only a clicking noise when you turn ignition ?if you think the battery is ok it could be the starter motor

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cannot believe I didn't write the info silly moment and thanks for the reply..... It is a 58 plate 1.3 (non turbo) diesel there is no noise what so ever when I turn the key and the spanner etc doesn't flash which lead me to believe it wasn't the immobiliser fault battery was low but charged to around 13.7v left about 14hrs charging I ha e pictures and videos but the video didn't work so got the post up first

·
Registered
287 Posts
if it's the starter motor jammed you can try the following.with the ignition off put the car into second gear and rock it back and forth.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is without the key turned when I turn the key it all stays the same apart from the battery light goes out and illuminates again when I release the key thanks for any info I'm no business man but love to learn in life

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if it's the starter motor jammed you can try the following.with the ignition off put the car into second gear and rock it back and forth.
I will do now thanks but I don't hear any other clicks from battery or the motor jamming

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No sure if the diesels running but theres over half a tank in it atm it was left for about 3 weeks unstarted and just wouldn't again mate

·
Registered
287 Posts
i am going to be blunt about this ,but have you got breakdown cover ?someone needs to check fuel delivery to the engine

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I need to find out which one is for the fuel 2 I found online where different styles but same car year etc
i am going to be blunt about this ,but have you got breakdown cover ?someone needs to check fuel delivery to the engine
No mate I've got it from my brother just got it delivered on a truck tried a few normal things once I know which relay it is on my box I'll just test it and try jumping it straight from the battery there's also a fuse I can bypass to try for another problem madness why they make the same year cars ltr everything with different fuse boxes

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi John .could it still be a bad connection in the battery because the battery light is on.the car has not been started for 3 wks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was under the impression all diesels were turbo.

I cannot answer your question but you need to check this out before you start adding new parts that may not bring the car back to life - 1.3 Diesel Corsa if you have one read this - water in ECU.
I didn't even see the turbo and it doesn't mention it anywhere but yeah your right it is a turbo lol
I was under the impression all diesels were turbo.

I cannot answer your question but you need to check this out before you start adding new parts that may not bring the car back to life - 1.3 Diesel Corsa if you have one read this - water in ECU.
Sounds like vauxhall need to do a recall and fit some rubber under or relocate
Hi John .could it still be a bad connection in the battery because the battery light is on.the car has not been started for 3 wks
I'm going to check out the ecu swamp bay by the sounds of things and also anything else I'll let you all know what if I find out to be wrong will the immobiliser fault definetly make the spanner flash do you know also I hear the relays ticking when the key turns

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sounds like vauxhall need to do a recall and fit some rubber under or relocate
It wouldn't have been so bad if VX had told customers to keep the drain holes clear or it could end in tears its a fairly straightforward job and if you are not into DIY a garage wouldn't have charged much to do it for owners, it stinks they know this is going on and have kept quiet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It wouldn't have been so bad if VX had told customers to keep the drain holes clear or it could end in tears its a fairly straightforward job and if you are not into DIY a garage wouldn't have charged much to do it for owners, it stinks they know this is going on and have kept quiet.
Probably scared of having to fork out for more recalls, coarser means something built of poor quality clues in the title I guess haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also I've peeked in with a torch and the 2 side holes are clear and don't look as bad as some I've seen online today probably immobiliser some how

·
Registered
306 Posts
Also I've peeked in with a torch and the 2 side holes are clear and don't look as bad as some I've seen online today probably immobiliser some how
I would still check the centre hole its much bigger than the side holes probably for a reason. (see 12 seconds into video)

1 - 21 of 30 Posts