Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone I'm new here and I've just registered.

So I have a Corsa D and I'm having this on going snag with the Wind Screen Wash Fluid there's either a leek or somewhere or it's losing water.
I make sure the water bottle is full, and I literally use it once and then after I get no water coming onto the front or rear screen!

In my MOT inspection a couple of months ago the garage had a look at it and it said there was a pipe underneath the glove box that may have come loose? (but I'm not sure)
It's due to have a service so I will mention this to my garage to see if they can solve this!

Has anyone had this problem and what was it?
Cheers
Rob

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,504 Posts
Once this is sorted swap your jets from the jet versions to the misting type from astra j/ insignia, sprays a mist onto all of the window, you don’t use as much and it’s much better to drive with them when you use them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once this is sorted swap your jets from the jet versions to the misting type from astra j/ insignia, sprays a mist onto all of the window, you don’t use as much and it’s much better to drive with them when you use them
So do you have any idea what is causing the this fault?

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,504 Posts
You’ve either a cracked washer bottle that’s either aged and started leaking or there’s a washer gone where the wash bottle pump is and that’s leaking. I’d be suprised if it was any pipe work from pump to jets if it’s loosing that amount that quickly, however there’s a couple of things you can do to find the leak. Put a sheet of cardboard underneath the front bumper, passenger side in front of the wheel, fill your washer bottle up and leave it as is for a hour or 2, if it’s wet then it’s probably the bottle itself that’s cracked, if it’s still dry then use the screen wash as you do when it drains out and see if it leaks then if as I suspect, water has been put in and it’s frozen, then it’s new pump time. I mean to be fair, it might be wise to get a washer bottle and pump new from eBay or the like and fit it yourself, if you can change a wheel then the washer bottle and pump isn’t going to be much harder.

·
Super Moderator
520 Posts
n my MOT inspection a couple of months ago the garage had a look at it and it said there was a pipe underneath the glove box that may have come loose? (but I'm not sure)
It's due to have a service so I will mention this to my garage to see if they can solve this!
I would be very surprised if the washer hose ran behind the glove box and if it had come loose wouldn't your carpets be soaking?

·
Super Moderator
520 Posts
So I have a Corsa D and I'm having this on going snag with the Wind Screen Wash Fluid there's either a leek or somewhere or it's losing water.
I make sure the water bottle is full, and I literally use it once and then after I get no water coming onto the front or rear screen!
Do you mean you squirt it once then try to squirt it a second time and nothing comes out of the jets?

or

You squirt it once or twice then after a few hours the bottle is empty?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts